Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

NOPEC

Got a couple more gallons of the fabulous mistake covering substance otherwise known as Monstaliner and covered not only the exterior camper again, but also the interior. Interior is custom foam/glassed cupboards and bathroom walls. Monstaliner helped cover up some of the bumps/edges and decreased the burden of sanding endlessly. Great stuff for lazy hacks like myself.
View attachment 721544

View attachment 721545
Trackhead

Nice work on the interior. Did you go with just epoxy over the foam (guessing the pink or purple hard stuff from the local building supply) or did you add a layer of matting? How has it worked out so far? Yes, Monstaliner, I see it as the great equalizer............ (I equate it to buying ones first chop saw and immediately becoming a 50% better finishing carpenter :giggle: )

trackhead

Adventurer
Trackhead

Nice work on the interior. Did you go with just epoxy over the foam (guessing the pink or purple hard stuff from the local building supply) or did you add a layer of matting? How has it worked out so far? Yes, Monstaliner, I see it as the great equalizer............ (I equate it to buying ones first chop saw and immediately becoming a 50% better finishing carpenter :giggle: )

Sweet pics!

Epoxy/glass over cheap pink XPS 1" then Monstaliner. Been using it all winter/spring, holding up awesome. No issues. Monstaliner is a nice addition for durability in regards to stuffing bikes and other crap in there. Added a folding table. Folds up to the wall quickly. I sleep on the bench, wife/kid in bed. Can't stand tables taking up valuable floor space. Also added drop down thingy to make bed slightly wider in shoulder/waist area. Super quick transition from sleeping to drinking coffee, no re-arranging of crap to make it happen. I prefer spartan/user friendly spaces over massive beds. Camper weight dry is now 1900lbs, think it was 2200 prior, can't remember.
IMG_7986.jpg

kodiak-black

Observer
How do you like that curved leveling block?

They have worked well, however the tip of one snapped off. Basically the first 4 inches of one snapped while in Death Valley. The first 4 inches of the leveler does not present and issue. I see different ones out there now. I have the Anderson's. In principal they make it super easy to get level.

I'd probably try one of these.

Or these with the honey-comb structure.

rruff

Explorer
Epoxy/glass over cheap pink XPS 1" then Monstaliner.

Wow, nice looking rig! Have you posted construction details anywhere? Weight of cloth used for instance? Any prep on the foam to aid adhesion?

I'm still working on mine... used 1.5" PVC foam, with epoxy/glass and epoxy/carbon (only on the base/floor). Most of it is a little over 30oz of glass per side. Walls are ~1.6 lb/sq ft with paint and all.

Don't think I'll ever do it like that again. The sanding and epoxy glass dust everywhere is annoying. And I'm definitely not being picky about cosmetics... but a lot of sanding is still required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94