Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

sbegot

1965ish Red Dale Truck Camper

truckcamperontruck.JPG

1965-66ish Red Dale Camper. Made in Longmont, Colorado. It's on a 2000 Ford F350 4x4. The camper was gutted on the inside when we bought it for $350. We fixed it up. It's got 300 watts of solar on the roof + 200amh battery. 1000 watt inverter. All led lights. 65quart Whynter fridge/freezer. CampChef stove/oven, 20lb propane tank. 32 gallons water. Manual water pump/faucent. No grey/black tanks (we have a cassette style port-a-potty). Queen size bed. We carry a 2200 watt dual fuel (propane or gasoline) generator. Simple but effective traveling in comfort without a huge monetary investment. Total cost including the truck - less than $14,000.

Here are some pictures of when we got it vs. after our work.

truckcamper2.jpg

truckcamper5.jpg

insidecamper.jpg

We used many repurposed materials in this camper. For example: All the oak you see is from a huge park bench that was inside a shopping mall. Got the bench free years ago when the mall was remodeled. Lots of other wood salvaged from other projects. Much of the hardware was stuff we had lying around.

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Nothing quite like a true 4-season hard-side

We spent much of the holidays snowshoeing and hunting hot springs. :ylsmoke:

001.jpg

powderproject

THANKS!! off road is pretty decent. I have gone over some pretty rough trails so far. Although I need a better fastening system for to the flatbed. I may build some custom rails the bolt in on the sides so it doesn't move.

look amazing! just need some side storage compartement and your all set!

how s the driving behavior in light offroad or on the road?

gildigger

It came out of a field in Kansas about ten years ago. I had a friend that updated it and added new appliances and A/C. I picked it up from him and we just try and keep it in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
It came out of a field in Kansas about ten years ago. I had a friend that updated it and added new appliances and A/C. I picked it up from him and we just try and keep it in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool, love the classic look. I have never seen one in that good of shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior