Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
779539f172c050935207310280a08c97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hellwig's Big Wig will greatly enhance driveability. I've got the 1 1/8" standard one on mine with the popup.

bdj238

Hellwig's Big Wig will greatly enhance driveability. I've got the 1 1/8" standard one on mine with the popup.

Thanks for the info! I've been planning to get something. Off camber changes make her rich a good deal but otherwise it's not too bad right now. However I have added a couple of leaves, new rear shocks, and airbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The new unit. This is night 6 in the 14 days I've had it. Hopefully the current 200 nights per year average keeps going!
image.jpg1_zpsm7p5a0fe.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The past two years I've been working in the mountains and have camped four nights a week in semi-remote wilderness locations. In the winter I often retreat to the campground that my brother in law is GM of. Free power for heat and the odd movie is nice in the rain/snow. I will probably be on the same program for the next couple of years. It also makes my camper a 100% tax right off as it is my out of town accommodation mon-thurs, which is my work schedule. It helps justify spending the money on the Northern Lite. It will hopefully last until I retire and beyond.

getout

Adventurer
Our campervan died about a month ago so we needed a new rig. Bought the truck locally and picked up the camper in Texas over the weekend. We've got our first trip scheduled over Thanksgiving so between now and then, we've got to figure out where to put all our stuff...and get my avatar changed apparently.

It's a 2001 Lance 1030 on a 2000 F350 with a 7.3L.
IMG_1712.jpg

Cave_Campers

Supporting Sponsor
Cave Camper (750lbs, <$10k)

Hi, we'd love to get your feedback on the Cave Camper: lightweight (750 lbs), durable, and easy to clean. Here are some of my favorite pics of the prototype:

Cave near Mesa full size.jpg
truck camper with boat.jpg
truck camper prototype two bed configuration.jpg
Prototype interior rear.jpg

UHAULER

Explorer
Cave Camper, It is nice to see more campers on the market. Since you are looking for feedback I will give you mine. I think the cabover should be at least 4' over the cab and not have such a big gap between the cab and camper.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Cave Camper, It is nice to see more campers on the market. Since you are looking for feedback I will give you mine. I think the cabover should be at least 4' over the cab and not have such a big gap between the cab and camper.

Wait, you want a 48" tall cabover?

Are you sure about that?

Our prototype has a 36" tall cabover, and it is larger than most...

IMG_3015.jpg

UHAULER

Explorer
IDA, I mean at least 48" long, front to back. With most extended and crew cabs, a north-south bed would be even better. It just seems like a waste of space to have a stubby little cabover.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
That makes more sense, thanks :sombrero:

And the north-south / east-west cabover bed configuration is always a topic of discussion.

I see good and bad for both, but personally I always opt for east-west.

Cave_Campers

Supporting Sponsor

UHAULER, thanks for the feedback. I certainly know what you mean. The pictures you see here are of our first prototype. After a summer of driving around and gathering feedback we've made some adjustments to the production version which will start shipping in December.

Key Changes in production model:

1. We drop the over cab storage down so there's not a big, silly gap catching all that air.
2. We made the hole for the cab storage larger so it's more ergonomical to store and retrieve large items.
3. We add a removable table to the interior (room for 4 to play cards or eat).
4. We add the ability to arrange cushions into a queen bed or two separate beds.
5. We doubled the interior lighting.
6. The front counter is removed making it easier to get to the storage. Two counters in the corner are added to the rear.

With this particular model we are not using the space over the cab for sleeping; it's storage in our case. This relates to us keeping the price to under $10k and the weight low enough for a 1/2 ton pickup. Our next product may be a larger truck camper that would indeed include a bed up there. But first things first. :)

I don't want to hi-jack this thread. We'd love to get more of your feedback. Perhaps we should use this product announcement thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...r-Vendor-Cave-Campers-!!!-(-lt-750lbs-lt-10k)

FjFairlady

Observer
New to me smaller Callen Camper

I sold the larger Callen camper and modified this smaller one to fit on a flatbed.

Attachments

• 20160205_095902.jpg
    20160205_095902.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 20160205_062756.jpg
    20160205_062756.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 20160205_095934.jpg
    20160205_095934.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 186

Forum statistics

Threads