Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

hobiekaw

We love it so far. It's a 2014 so there have been some changes. I have done a number of things to organize things better for us and also removed the cab over shelf and put in a full size foam Queen bed. If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them.

BuilderTim

Long time lurker, decided to post pics of a project inspired by Expedition Portal

S-250 Shelter conversion, built for a big road trip I took before I got married. A/C, propane heat, magnum inverter, 400 a/h battery bank, 100w solar panel, PS4, 32" tv, 4G cell signal booster, escape hatch out the roof!

Attachments

• DSC_0058 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0058 - Copy.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0053 copy.jpg
    DSC_0053 copy.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0060 copy.jpg
    DSC_0060 copy.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_0061 copy.jpg
    DSC_0061 copy.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_0064 copy.jpg
    DSC_0064 copy.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0091 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0091 - Copy.JPG
    390 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0188 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0188 - Copy.JPG
    391.4 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_0146 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0146 - Copy.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 240

rolsmojave3

Lots of awesome campers on here. Looks like this site is full of great info.

Here is our 1979 Real Lite in my 96 F350. Truck has air bags and BFG At 315/75/16s. I built the rear tie downs and ran out of time and bought the front tie downs. Truck handled it great, SW Wisconsin to Atikokan Ontario.

bumblebus

Observer
1993 Bigfoot C6-11 camper on my 2001 Silverado 2500

How do you like your Brophys? It's so rare to see photos of them haha. Mine are way too small for my 2008 GMC Sierra stakepockets so are twisting around something fierce despite the 3 bolts in the bed. I can't afford Torklifts/Happijacs at the moment so I'm making do, but am reinforcing the front with burly ratchet straps just in case. Thinking of pouring some sort of "filler" into the pockets to help out. My '86 full size Six-Pac camper is also probably quite a bit heavier than your Bigfoot too.

Nice rig. Might be visiting Victoria in a few weeks on a road trip. Any free/cheap RV camping spots downtown?

vanisland rider

Hey Bumblebus, thanks for the complement. These Brophy are the "Super Heavy Duty" hold downs, they clamp to the truck box and are not in the stake pockets. So far they work great for this size of camper. As to free downtown camping, this is Victoria so nothing is free and no camping in the downtown area but there are private and government camp sites just a few miles out of town.

jerstw

Adventurer

Hayduke,

Are you glad you switched from a pop-up (FWC) to a hardside and if so way? Asking as I am in the process of getting our first truck camper and am really torn on this topic...two sons that are growing, fast, want to be able to use in 20 F temps and while the spots we get into currently would be a bit of a clearance challenge with a hardside I am assuming the accessibility, less hassle, more storage, etc. are major pluses. Just looking for first hand user point of view.

Thanks,
JS

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Just got back in town from another good week and a half on the road.

Camper certainly turning some heads on the road, and at near every stop we made.

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

boxcar1

boxcar1
Looks good Ida.
Will be heading your way this fall . May have to look you up....
Planning to hit every fishable lake I can find on the way to Flat head. Well ... as many as I can. There are to many to think about.
Priest is on the list though.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.

Jeanie and I have done a couple week to two week long TC trips this spring. In May we traveled to the Lost Coast. Here is a report of that trip:

https://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28912055.cfm

The pic above was taken at a private (aka: non-governmental) camp ground along the coast of California. We chose this site as it was as close to the sand as we could camp. Of course the site at a premium we took advantage of the full hookups and parked the front slightly higher for a good sleep.
Tomorrow I'll make the trip to Stockton Wheel to pick up my new Expedition wheels, aka Power Wagon Wheels. They are 16x10's the front two with a 6.25 inch backspacing and the rears with a 4.5 inch backspacing. The centers are 1/2 inch plate cut for 8 on 6-1/2 lugs and welded into approved rims.
I'll report back when I have a few miles on them. I'll keep my 12 inch wheels with 33x15.50R16 tires available for beach driving, but the new ones can work with one spare tire.
jefe

powderproject

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467870856.834585.jpg

Just picked up a 2012 N Lite 8'11". So far so good!!
It's on a 2008 Mega Cab 3500 6.7L
17mpg which is blowing my mind

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94