Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

aquawolfe

My truck is not bad. I've had it in all types of terrain and clear across the country in high winds. Done right it rides nice

The black ram is a 1500, did the job but not great at it. The new 2500 is much better for the job.

Attachments

• IMG_20121103_105930.jpg
    IMG_20121103_105930.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG952011111195160225_2.jpg
    IMG952011111195160225_2.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 168

Pest

Adventurer
Sold our argentinian GibertCar camper and got ourselves a Camper Duaron. This company started building campers 1 year ago ( we have nr 16 ! ) and weird enough is the only manufacturer of truck campers in Brazil.They deliver an excellent and well thought product though! We are very happy with it and are looking forward to our trip from Brazil to Alaksa later this year.

Really wish we could get things like those in the US! Super jealous!

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Here is my rig, a 1996 Lance 990 Legend atop my 06 GMC. Its been a great hauler, even found myself in some rather embarrassing predicaments with this rig. The wife had some real laughs related to this traveling headquarters...

22404_522659211078675_540875795_n.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Three TC's (2-small hardsides and 1-popup) are doing the Mojave Road in a couple weeks. The problem is there will be seven full-size men in 3 rigs. What to do? With space at a premium for bodies, I've decided to tow my 1955 Bradley behind my Dodge/Lance Lite and reserve the cab area for my brothers...literally since Jeff, Jerry, Jim, John. and Matt Reynolds will all be on the trip. New trailer tires, repacked wheel bearings, everything is in readiness. When we hit the trailhead near Fort Mohave on the Colorado River for the trip west to near Barstow, two of the bodies will hop out and ride their mt. bikes on the trip. It should work as we will be traveling rather slowly over the two-track trail at about the same speed you can go uphill on a mt. bike. We will all lower the pressure on the truck tires (and trailer) for off-road operation. Below are pix of my rig, more-or-less at the ready. All three trucks are of the 4 door variety, so there will be room to slum from one to the other.
The rear wheels/tires on my truck are 33x15.50R16's on 12" wide wheels, essentially super singles. They will come in handy when we cross the dunes. I hear some of the series, "Rat Patrol" was filmed around there in the 1960's.
regards, as always, jefe
DSCN0433_zpsa916ed17.jpg

rear view: the track of the trailer is fairly wide, a good thing for seeing what's happening back there via the truck mirrors.
DSCN0438_zps969041cd.jpg

DSCN0434_zps1f86a3ad.jpg

DSCN0432_zpsfba2475f.jpg

Here is the hitch arrangement:
DSCN0435_zps82b1031f.jpg
My Northstar TC 800 is 13 yrs old now and approaching retirement. The Hardsided Lance's or Northstar 8' hardsided are looking better and better. Nice setup.

Last edited:

roadrider2617

We piggy back our 835 lance with a 04 Dodge, I installed air springs (bags) on the rear, Bilstein shocks, and a Roadmaster sway bar, they really stiffened up the suspension and eliminated about 85% of the sway. The camper comes in at 2900# dry. The truck handles the camper well even at highway speeds. I like the camper being in the footprint of the truck.

frank 015.jpgDSC_0003.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Camper 013.jpgCamper 001.jpgCamper 002.jpgCamper 005.jpgCamper 006.jpgCamper 008.jpgCamper 011.jpg

This is my creation that I am working on. I wanted a place to sleep comfortably dry with ample natural airflow or air conditioning for the hot Texas nights. I have a company truck, Toy Jeep TJ, and my wife drives a Ford F-150 with the 5.5 foot bed. So since the company truck is not 4wd, I wanted something that the wives F-150 could carry and still pull the jeep. I decided the truck was too small for a cab-over camper and I want something that would not make it dangerous on and off road. I decided a contractor camper would be great start. I purchased a A.R.E. DCU topper for $300 and bought three 3/4" pieces plywood and started building. 3/4" R-5 foam board insulation was added to the topper with 1/8" plywood covering it for a finished look. A 5000btu window unit converts the camper into a meat locker in a few minutes,and can also be run by the $90 Harbor Freight 900 watt generator. Still working on it and have alot of ideas to improve it.

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Mighty Matilda (Mazda B4000)

I bought this truck in February for a trip into Baja. 2WD. Has a V6 4L engine that Was rebuilt last fall and has about 10,000 miles on it now. It came with the lift kit and BFG ATs.

I added the Callen camper shell and interior storage kit with padding for sleeping in the back. Eventually I may put a roof rack up top to carry kayaks and other gear.

It's a very basic set up, but for Southern California and Baja it's a great little camper. So far I've been to San Ignacio Lagoon in Baja California, and up to death Valley to meet up with some other truck campers for a backroads tour of the park.

This summer I plan to use it for beach trips and camping in the local mountains. The double wide doors make it really easy to get bikes and other things into the back.

I have a standalone canopy that works great. I'm Considering one that attaches to the camper, but It's nice to be able to drive away and leave your camp set up in place sometimes.

It's insulated so it stays very comfortable, and the windows have screens that also slide out of the way, so you have access to pass items through the side windows if needed. The roof vent is okay, but I'm thinking of getting one of those motorized vents to improve air circulation.

The rear sliding window in the cab is just big enough for my 18 pound dog to jump between camper and cab. The camper is pretty narrow, so I can squeeze into tight places easily. It's only a few inches wider than the truck.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

RonL

Adventurer
My Camper

1995 GMC 3/4 ton (7200lbs) with 49,000 miles
2003 Travellite 890 camper
Swaybar and airbags are next.
DSCF7338.jpg

Dusty-NZ

Observer
That's pretty funky , nice to see an owner with a sense of humor :) The back porch is kinda WOW . :)

Here is my version of timber siding

5nt1f7.jpg

2zqxzdg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier