Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

chasdb

I built a trailer similar to yours, except I lacked the foresight to have rear access to the cargo area. I've been contemplating a RTT but don't want to lose access to the cargo area or have to move the tent every time I want to pull something out. I like your setup of having the tent on stilts. How hard is it to set up? Are you able to do it alone or does it require a couple guys to lift the tent and get the stilts in place?

I have gas struts that help lighten the load. My wife helps me lower it, but I can set it up by myself. The tent travels centered side to side, but I slide the tent to the passenger side so the annex completely clears the side of the trailer. All 4 struts are the same lifting capacity so I just need to lift the right side to get it to elevate.

Aaaleon

I have gas struts that help lighten the load. My wife helps me lower it, but I can set it up by myself. The tent travels centered side to side, but I slide the tent to the passenger side so the annex completely clears the side of the trailer. All 4 struts are the same lifting capacity so I just need to lift the right side to get it to elevate.
That's great! If you have any pictures/plans for the mechanism, I'd love to see how you designed it.

Lucky j

Explorer
Shortly after this picture wife and I go ourselves stuck turning around lol. an hour of digging, turning the trailer around by hand, and some lifting of the toyota via the stock bottle jack we were out.

Lol, it happens! But looked like a nice day to dig!

Do you have a winch on the toy? Looks like the trees around would have been large enough to make great ancor points.

honda250xtitan

Lol, it happens! But looked like a nice day to dig!

Do you have a winch on the toy? Looks like the trees around would have been large enough to make great ancor points.

Naw no winch. There is a couple hidden winch setups available but not ready to drop the coin on them. Considering how rare we get into snow like that lol.

Joanne

Adventurer
Still camping the the Desert Dawg. We use it as the base camp when we are up working at our mine. It sure fits the way we like to camp. As I get older, having a real mattress is a blessing.

desert_camp_001.jpg

Joanne

dreadlocks

Was clicking through the thread looking at the cool rigs. This is the second Flyer trailer I saw, so I decided to check out their website. They've taken this photo and photoshopped in a new trailer. I guess they don't make a 2 axle version?

They did, but only for a short while.. its now been discontinued.. InTech said it took up too much room in shop, like requiring a bunch of scaffolding and was slowing output down.

My wife posted that pic to their FB group, they asked if they could use it in marketing.. she gave em permission and then they did that photoshop crap, guess she learned her lesson heh.

ratled

Adventurer
Still camping the the Desert Dawg. We use it as the base camp when we are up working at our mine. It sure fits the way we like to camp. As I get older, having a real mattress is a blessing.

desert_camp_001.jpg

Joanne
A lot like work only harder! Any color??!!!

Reactions: opp

lchavez

Observer

desert_camp_001.jpg

Joanne

Hello fellow prospector! Viewed your trailer build, wow, what an accomplishment.

We had some rare weather at our claim this past weekend near Stanton, Az.
17fc481c4c6d9b4b6256546c96b0c311.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke