Possible to store roof top tent ladder under roof rack?

ChrisCosta416

I recently bought a GoFastCamper RTT and was looking for ways to mount the tent ladder under my FrontRunner slats?

As of right now, no one makes rear hatch ladders for the 2003 Gen3 Montero so I wanted to see if anyone has come up with a solution to slide the ladder underneath a roof rack?

Thoughts?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
If you have the space off the roof it should be simple to make some channels that the ladder will slide into and bolt them under the rack.

Look at the front runner table mount for inspiration.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Not with a ladder, but I had a slide-out solar panel under my rack for a while - standard extruded 6063 Aluminum C-channel with a few handmade brackets.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I made under the FR rack sliders from angle iron pieces for my Marston mats and they work well. Have to install them on each side of the shark fin to avoid complications. The problem with the FR table for me is the rattle and the sticking catch that some of my friends have. Although I have already several camp tables so no need for another.
It would seem if the ladder width is correct that an under the rack position would be a good idea, length could be an issue for some, it would be for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke