Possible on a 2dr?

Cascade Wanderer

Adventurer
Eric - the Tacoma is a great truck - I think you'll enjoy it for years to come.

Love my little JK, but often, I do miss my truck.

Regards, Guy

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Here is my former 2 door against a 4 door wrangler at my dealer

http://www.pbase.com/omar_brannstrom/image/144760651.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/omar_brannstrom/image/144761299.jpg

One year later I went with a 4 door because it got to problematic and cumbersome and time consuming to pack in the 2 door and also I wanted be abile to sleep in it, so I got a 4 door 2013 jeep Wrangler.

Here I sleep in my 4 door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzKHG_3JcU&t=4s

In bad weather the 4 door gives a nice "livingroom" for 2-3 people and it is very nice to have a shelf as a table and for storage and to sleep under.

Here me and my buddy are watching a movie and eating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFGKxz6uZJU

ZMagic97

Explorer
My ex and I used our 2dr Rubi for us with a RTT, fridge on slider, gear...etc. It worked well and I loved the short wheelbase. More room is always nice, but that Jeep served me very well. Only sold it for a 4 door GMC since I met someone else and now have 3 kids.

DSC02557_zpsf9493409.jpg
00V0V_gX5hcZRZS9E_600x450.jpg
10573342_10202584208502591_1895750779_n (1).jpg

Justincredible

Adventurer
I considered jumping up to a JLUR or JTR, but I just could not bring myself to pay their prices.
I used to think the Tacoma was overpriced, but now the TRD offroad almost looks like a bargain.

billiebob

I am a little concerned as far as space for packing gear
pack less !
I've cut back dramatically on how much I pack. I carry a few tools and a spare tire and rely on VISA ans AAA for anything else.
First aid now fits into my toiletries bag. Some shorts, tshirts, fleece but only like a 3 day supply with plans to find a laundramat if I need more. One camera, forget the drones and guns and ammo and hunting knives. Even an axe is no longer in my vehicle.

Minimize, you'll end up enjoying the trip more if you pack like back packer or enduro biker.

billiebob

I've had a few Toyota pickups and an '87 FourRunner. They perform fabulously but as I age I find the seating position uncomfortable, too much like a car so now I pretty much stick to North American producys. My current TJR while compact has a perfect old guy vertical seating position.... .

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I've had a few Toyota pickups and an '87 FourRunner. They perform fabulously but as I age I find the seating position uncomfortable, too much like a car so now I pretty much stick to North American producys. My current TJR while compact has a perfect old guy vertical seating position.... .

That is exactly why our Taco transformed into a Jeep JKU. It's a sad commentary on Toyota that Jeep makes a much better and more comfortable seat, with more adjustments in their base model than Toyota puts in their top of the line Taco. Oh, and old guys rule! (one week retired!)

Cascade Wanderer

Adventurer
Possible and enjoyable! Since my last post on this thread - I've been on a couple of trips of a week or more, and of course many shorter trips, with my two door. Sometimes the trailer comes along, sometimes it stays home, depending on how much I want to haul around with me:

Three weeks: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California and back home to Washington. 3600 miles and a grand adventure. I hadn't spent that much time in the Southwest in quite a while.

Titus Canyon:
T2QO5h9h.jpg

White Rim Road:
AUBkJplh.jpg

Recently the northern 600 miles of the Idaho BDR:

Z59ieoLh.jpg

Last summer, central Washington:
Xa0Paozh.jpg

Last week, here in central Washington:
OkUf9WHh.jpg

Yup, the two-door is viable as all get out! Seven years with it now, and still happy. Also, one of my sons just bought a nice Tacoma, so a pickup is avail if I want! :)

billiebob

If you have a 2 door Wrangler and need to haul stuff... a trailer is way more versatile than a pickup.
DSC_0001.jpeg

trlr 017.jpg

DSCN1478.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles