possible MAF issues

Eric K

Observer
So I am getting P0101, 0171,0172, and 0174 in my 06 LR3. Which is the Mass Air Flow circuit range and corresponding codes (mix to lean, etc). Normally I would just replace the MAF, but I replaced it about 2.5 years ago and probably only have 20k for miles in that time. Air filter was replaced this summer. I took it out and sprayed it with cleaner, but still getting codes. Should I try replacing it again or move on to other options?

Carson G

So I am getting P0101, 0171,0172, and 0174 in my 06 LR3. Which is the Mass Air Flow circuit range and corresponding codes (mix to lean, etc). Normally I would just replace the MAF, but I replaced it about 2.5 years ago and probably only have 20k for miles in that time. Air filter was replaced this summer. I took it out and sprayed it with cleaner, but still getting codes. Should I try replacing it again or move on to other options?
I’d check the wiring going to the MAF. As well as the pipe coming off the air box directly under the MAF they’ve been known to crack.

spikemd

Explorer
I replace my MAF every 1.5 years in the LR3. They die all the time. I would say get an oem Bosch, but seems they all fail. Change it out in 5 minutes.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Try Denso brand. They are OK quality, I have had good luck with them. When you clean the MAF just soak it in alcohol, they don't like harsh cleaners (my limited experience).

Carson G

LR3’s came with Denso MAF sensor’s from the factory. Mine is the original and has only needed cleaning once and even then it wasn’t that dirty.

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
How do you find the need of changing MAF every 1.5 years is beyond me. I still ride on original from the day one and at 300 000 miles it is still going strong. Just change your air filter every 7000 -10000 miles like LR recommends and yo will be all right.That is what I do and it has not failed me yet.
PO 101., indeed points towards MAF sensor, but with combination of those other codes, it would also mean throttle body faulty/ dirty or throttle body sensor caput. That was my experience at least with those same exact codes. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior