Possibilities for my F-150

hour

Observer
I have a 2017 F150 w/ the 3.5. Been running 35s w/ 6” lift for a year now and 18k miles. Live in CO and has no problem getting up and going. You’ll be fine on 35s. I run 15.5mpg on city and 17 highway.
2b85bbc09f0d480bd6ca5e5b73ce8f44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang dude I can't get more than 14.8 in Colorado or anywhere east either. Tons of tank to tank interstate runs at 65-75. Jealous you're getting that lifted twice as much as I am and with larger tires.

Attachments

• truckwheelslifted.jpg
    truckwheelslifted.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 85

Raul B

Explorer
I have a 2012 running 35" tires with a leveling kit. Easily get 16mpg+ mixed city and highway. I have a 5.0l

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Dang dude I can't get more than 14.8 in Colorado or anywhere east either. Tons of tank to tank interstate runs at 65-75. Jealous you're getting that lifted twice as much as I am and with larger tires.

And before anyone asks, yes, I reprogrammed the truck for the appropriate tire size using forscan. I literally just took this pic. The 120 miles has been 80% highway since Sunday am, to and from work.

572d236ba6dfd70188aaf07ec9f7ddab.jpg

hour

Observer
And before anyone asks, yes, I reprogrammed the truck for the appropriate tire size using forscan. I literally just took this pic. The 120 miles has been 80% highway since Sunday am, to and from work.

Woah, had no idea this was possible with forscan.

D

Deleted member 9101

You can take it a step further and enter a correction factor to make the mpg read out more accurate.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Woah, had no idea this was possible with forscan.

Yeah there was quite a bit I changed the first day I brought the truck home via forscan. May have altered 6-7 options in there. Hardest part was finding a windows laptop lol.

With my wife’s 18 grand cherokee trailhawk, I cant change her tire size in the computer and it drives me crazy. My wrangler, just popped the speedo gear out and replaced and fixed within 3 minutes.

ITTOG

based on this thread I decided to get some larger rims and tires for when I go off-roading. I found some 2017 raptor wheels. They are 315 / 70 r17's which calculate to 34 in. I put the tires on the front to see if there's any rubbing issues. These tires are pretty much bald and not safe driving at highway speeds and I only have about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of clearance with the bar in front of the tire. The guy I bought them from had removed his bar. then whenever I turn I have less than a quarter inch between the tire and the bar. But it looks like removing the bar would be enough to address the clearance issues with new tires.

The only other clearance concern was between the upper control arm and the tires. I had about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of clearance. Do you guys think that is enough. Just to be clear, it is clearance with the tire not the rim.
be44fa60032e5e6db55633e5045d9ca3.jpg
IMG_20190405_130539.jpgIMG_20190405_130710.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Raul B

Explorer
based on this thread I decided to get some larger rims and tires for when I go off-roading. I found some 2017 raptor wheels. They are 315 / 70 r17's which calculate to 34 in. I put the tires on the front to see if there's any rubbing issues. These tires are pretty much bald and not safe driving at highway speeds and I only have about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of clearance with the bar in front of the tire. The guy I bought them from had removed his bar. then whenever I turn I have less than a quarter inch between the tire and the bar. But it looks like removing the bar would be enough to address the clearance issues with new tires.

The only other clearance concern was between the upper control arm and the tires. I had about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of clearance. Do you guys think that is enough. Just to be clear, it is clearance with the tire not the rim.
be44fa60032e5e6db55633e5045d9ca3.jpg
View attachment 508762View attachment 508763

Cut the bumper :).

Grassland

I am excited to get 14 l/100 KM on the highway in my 3.7. Thats what 16.5 or 17 US MPG?
Mind you, with the lack of aerodynamics, and larger AT/MT tires, we shouldn't expecting too much at highway speed. especially loaded up with gear.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

I am excited to get 14 l/100 KM on the highway in my 3.7. Thats what 16.5 or 17 US MPG?
Mind you, with the lack of aerodynamics, and larger AT/MT tires, we shouldn't expecting too much at highway speed. especially loaded up with gear.

Anything better than my LJ jeep (auto, 35” STT pro tires, 3” lift, 4.88 gears) that is as aerodynamic as a 4k pound tissue box and gets 12mpg is a win in my eyes! Even when I tow our trailer with the f150 I get more than 12mpg.

ITTOG

Cut the bumper :).

I tried to remove the bumper pieces in front of the wheel today. Stupid radiator housing/support is in the way. I guess I may have to cut the bolts (second pic). However with the bolts removed I was able to just push the bumper forward and had 1.5" of clearance. I may just leave the bolts in there and put a spot weld on the bumper to keep it forward. IMG_20190413_162602.jpgIMG_20190413_162609.jpgIMG_20190413_163804.jpg

Theoretician

Adventurer
I tried to remove the bumper pieces in front of the wheel today. Stupid radiator housing/support is in the way. I guess I may have to cut the bolts (second pic). However with the bolts removed I was able to just push the bumper forward and had 1.5" of clearance. I may just leave the bolts in there and put a spot weld on the bumper to keep it forward.

I've heard of using a rented spreader or hydraulic jack to force the crash bars apart in order to make clearance. Otherwise, people have cut the bolts to remove and swap the bars left/right so that they angle forward instead of backward. I have a regular cab, so I don't have front crash bars and was able to fit 285/75r18 Ridge Grapplers (35.06x11.26 according to Nitto) with only plastic rubbing the treads in tight turns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles