Portrait Shots (show us your best)

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Not sure what exactly you're going for creatively but starting with slide film might yield "better" results in this workflow. Slide is a lot thinner than negs and can be scanned with less light/noise than neg film. It also has a lot less exposure latitude but I think that's a good thing. :)

I went the other direction -> I've been printing my digi to film recently via Impossible Instant Lab to Polaroid and an iphone. https://www.the-impossible-project.com/instantlab/

Matt
Creatively, I'm shooting portraits... Negative offers the best skin tones and exposure latitude. The scan with the camera was a simple scan for review purposes, not ultimate quality.

Gotta love the ultimate project and what they've done.

photoman

Explorer
Couple shots of my son during a recent Colorado trip.

IMG_0542-XL.jpg

IMG_0534-L.jpg

IMG_0587-L.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I have done a bunch of concert and landscape photos since I started 3 years ago (I also love doing night shots). A friend of mine's wife liked my work and was bugging me since July to take her son's senior pictures. I told her its not my thing. She was persistent and I gave it a try back at the beginning of September. I was using a Canon 70D with a Sigma 18-200 3.5f lens. I didn't have to do much with Lightroom after either. Best of all, Joann was ecstatic with the results. She ended up with @ 15 usable shots. For having NEVER done that before, I was happy with the results too. I already have a couple more senior photo jobs out of it!
11223929_10203444196786164_486824604219778139_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles