Portrait Shots (show us your best)

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
that must have been a lively shoot. The eyes are too much though. And I'd probably scrub the sheen off her right cheek and chin....and maybe add it down between..., well, you know. Also, I'd clone out the hem of her jeans

The eyes worked better with a previous edit but even in this one I had to pull them back a bit. As for the sheen, after hours of blemish fixing... the sheen stays lol. I actually like it on the cheek but not so much on the chin. I may go back on it a bit as that was probably the least problematic area on her face. the swimsuit bottoms.. eh I can live with it. I already did way more than I should have. All in all the shoot went well. she really knew how to pose but her skin was a nightmare.

NWoods : ok I am going to blame it on you. I couldn't walk away with out trying your suggestions first. lightening the sheen on the check a little and the chin more as well as the eyes. everything else is self evident. not sure I care one way or the other on the bottoms but the breast do pop a bit more with some shadow and highlight.
Audrina-346-Edit-2-Edit.jpgAudrina-495-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
OK, there's a lot of good-looking people here so it's only fair I add one more. One reason I like getting off the beaten track with a 4x4 is that is allows me to get even further off the beaten track with my Scarpa 2x2s. Here's a few from two recent (well in the last 2-3 years) long bushwalks in Oz.

5-day walk through Karijini national park.

Almost finished, the road is about 5k away over that ridge in the background. Stinking hot, I'm pretty much over it by this time. That's a termite mound BTW.
mugshot-1.jpg

Looking for a way through the cut grass at the bottom of a gorge.
mugshot-2.jpg

10-day walk through the Budawang ranges.

Climbing up into Monolith Valley, the chain is new (to me) and made life a lot easier.
mugshot-3.jpg

After 6 hours bush bashing (physically pushing through the scrub) in 30C+ temps. Man I was happy to see a trail. Get the shirt :)
mugshot-4.jpg

All unretouched, maybe they should have been :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Not portraits, but here are some candid snapshots I kinda liked from a recent trip. My son is 15 now, and far too cool to look at the camera and silly old Dad. My wife finds his newfound attitude a never ending source of mirth, and compensates accordingly:

IMG_5833-XL.jpg

And here is my wife with the other one:
IMG_1303-XL.jpg

And here they are together. I couldn't get the son to pose (see above), so I ripped one right there on the edge of the Grand Canyon, shocking my daughter and cracking my son's composure, finally :)
IMG_1248-XL.jpg

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
You look like you should be publishing a book about the interesting life you've been having.
I sometimes think about it, but there are too many people doing more interesting stuff. I will probably do some photography books if I ever get time.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I sometimes think about it, but there are too many people doing more interesting stuff. I will probably do some photography books if I ever get time.

Some amazing images Rob. I have to say the poll in the site is pretty funny

And that Croc, man oh man is that cool

Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
the poll in the site is pretty funny
I'm also a software engineer and a bloke's gotta have a little fun.

EDIT: Nice shots you have as well, I love that owl photo "On the Prey".

Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Just read some of you site Pat, this struck a cord with me

Most of this was paid for from years of working multiple jobs, living very frugal and selling everything we owned to pay for our truck, camper and camera gear.

That's what we did at age 45, bit later than you but still 20 years ahead of the pack. Best thing I ever did was to stop climbing the corporate ladder. The only ladder I'm interested in now is the one that allows me to clean my solar panels.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
NWoods : ok I am going to blame it on you. I couldn't walk away with out trying your suggestions first. lightening the sheen on the check a little and the chin more as well as the eyes. everything else is self evident. not sure I care one way or the other on the bottoms but the breast do pop a bit more with some shadow and highlight.
View attachment 185202

Yeah, her frontal features are bit more pronounced in the redo, too good effect. I can see what you mean about the skin challenges. However, that beach shot is all WIN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles