Portal Axles for Defender

blowfly

I am trying to source the axles in the attached photos that I got from a thread in this forum.
I think they are for a Landrover Defender.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Dynatrac and Axletech portal axles for LR Defender.jpg
    Dynatrac and Axletech portal axles for LR Defender.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 116

krick3tt

Adventurer
Never seen them on a defender only a UniMog or a Pinzgauer. Try Expedition Imports Corp. out of CA or Swiss Army Vehicles.

quickfarms

Adventurer
e849eb3d2fbaaabe96851f748fedd035.jpg

They are Dynatrac AIM Portal Axles

krick3tt

Adventurer
Carson, it has been a very rough 8 months and I like many others are a bit edgy so I took it as a criticism. Didn't mean to upstage any possible alternatives to the portal axles for a Defender. I had never seen anything for them but doesn't mean there isn't.
In fact having owned Mogs and Pinzgauers. If I had the bucks, I would put a set on my LR. They are great.
Thanks for the link. Would they work with the air assist on a LR?

Red90

Adventurer
They guys that have used the (Defender) Tibus axles in anger have had multiple breakages and trouble with support.

rherl

I am in the process of building a defender with Tibus portals. They have just recently delivered their 500th set. They look well built but I don't have any experience with them yet. Wolfgang has thus far been ok to deal with will see what happens when I need help. I like that they are plumbed for CTIS as well but I doubt I will ever install the system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior