Portable Back Up Camera

WeeJeep2

Adventurer
In the interest of removing some of the stress between the spotter (spouse) and driver (me) when trying to back up to the traier to reconnect after we've configured it at a camp site in the perfect position at some odd angle, up hill, on a pile or rocks, between a tree and some other obstruction, (i.e. the trailer is not going to move one bit so the tow vehilce needs to be positioned spot on) we're considering a portable back up camera. Does anyone have experiece with one of these, https://www.swifthitch.com/ or something similar?

Another thought was to set it up at night and keep the viewer in the tent so you could turn it on see what is going bump in the night.

Thanks

kevint

Adventurer
I don't know anything about the portable types but I have a factory camera in my truck and for hooking up the trailer, it is fantastic. It has a zoom mode that looks almost straight down at the ball. I can tell exactly when the tongue of the trailer is over the ball. Not a necessity but a tremendous help.

loup407

Adventurer
I'd thought about doing the same thing. I remembered my company owns a GoPro, so I downloaded the iPhone app, and hoped to use my phone as a monitor for the GoPro. However, the time lag is long enough 3-4 seconds, so as to make this pretty clunky. Most of the time, my wife and I are pretty good at connecting the trailer. A camera would be a nice backup when things aren't going well.

BillTex

Adventurer
I'd thought about doing the same thing. I remembered my company owns a GoPro, so I downloaded the iPhone app, and hoped to use my phone as a monitor for the GoPro. However, the time lag is long enough 3-4 seconds, so as to make this pretty clunky. Most of the time, my wife and I are pretty good at connecting the trailer. A camera would be a nice backup when things aren't going well.

That is exactly what I have been holding out for...a remote camera to work w/iPhone.
This would=1 less piece of crap in the truck.
Anyone know of such a camera?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles