Portable A/C ???

adaml

The problem with any "portable" AC is that you can't beat the laws of physics. If you're cooling down air in one place, you're heating up air in another place. If you put this in a tent, it will necessarily result in the overall temperature of the tent increasing UNLESS you're able to vent the exhaust air somewhere.

Winterpeg

The problem with any "portable" AC is that you can't beat the laws of physics. If you're cooling down air in one place, you're heating up air in another place. If you put this in a tent, it will necessarily result in the overall temperature of the tent increasing UNLESS you're able to vent the exhaust air somewhere.

Looks like it has an exhaust outlet....

Around here I'd be worried about mosquitoes sneaking in around the exhaust.

i actually own this....

and it would work to cool yourself in a bed, in a chair, or like personal space in a tent.

it does have a 2 hose duct system for venting hot air.
it does work very well to dehumidify, and my plan was to wire this up to 400+ watts of bed mounted solar to run a fridge and this AC. I work out of my truck in the hot florida sun. i hate idling the PW so i use this to take the edge off.
it runs at 250 watts and i could keep this running anytime the sun is up.

if i could create a curtain for the front half of my truck cab(or contain your sleeping space/lounge area, and use window shades) it will keep you comfortable.

not cold. just comfortable.

i would probably look at Rigid Mini DC system, or DIY 5kBTU window shaker with ductwork.

frans

Adventurer
Guess you didn’t view the YouTube vid, and have zero clue about the device. ?
But hey! Thx for ill relevant feedback! Lol (am questioning why I even responded?) ??

dreadlocks

YMMV, but here's my $200 Portable Swamp Cooler inside a >101F trailer, after just a couple mins of running.. using 238W total through the inverter and running entirely off solar power.
IMG_20200722_145518 (1).jpg

This setup is kicking that portable AC's rear end.. the video verkstad posted said its wattage when hardwired was more like 500W.

and at the end of the day, this is still terrible compared to what the rooftop 9kbtu AC could do.. I could have it 68F in no time w/that running, but its never gonna run off solar..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles