Pop-ups with inside showers?

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I have an outfitter popup with an inside shower and bathroom stall. I use the shower on a regular basis, also use it to dry wet gear, coats, etc. If i dont need the shower or bathroom, i can use it for storage. For me it was a must, especially for medical contracts. people like their care provider to not smell. I use it year round, Note on it though, it has a massive water tank 40gallons.

NorthStar and Bundutec make good products as well.

IMG_20200120_1022078.jpgIMG_20200122_1956456.jpg

Photobug

In consideration of a popup purchase I am only looking at ones with an indoor head. This also usually includes a shower. My plan would be to install an outdoor ensuite to shower most times. The idea of having a head inside so you don't have to him to pee in the middle of the night is invaluable. Your bladder (as you get older) and your wife will thank you.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Bundutec already has both an indoor and outdoor shower stock.

Just add the shower tent of your choice. I usually don't bother. I just roll the trailer so the outdoor shower side faces the woods. And shower with my hiking shorts or bathing suit still on. They need cleaned to.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
I owned a 2017 FWC flatbed hawk. Indoor showering required removing the dinette table and hanging the indoor shower curtain. It worked but it was cumbersome and inconvenient with a family of 5.

We purchased a 2020 hallmark UTE slide in. While it's not installed yet, the hard wall, dedicated wet bathroom theoretically sounds better. Part of the reason we upgraded. We hope to install before the end of the month. Check us out on instagram to see the build and our travels.

ebnelson

Our first camper was a Hallmark Guanella which we ordered with the inside mini-shower. A portapotie fit inside the shower pan that is removed during showering. Did we like it? Yeah, it was useful when it was too cold to comfortably use the outside shower. We lived in Colorado at the time and we used it quite a bit. The inside shower does create condensation and can take a while to fully dry out. It was pretty nice though. Our current camper, Alaskan, I ordered with outside shower only. We decided that it wasn’t worth having an area dedicated to a shower on a small 8’ camper. If we had a bigger camper we would want an inside shower for sure. When it’s warm out we are perfectly happy with outside showers. We boondock and privacy is rarely a concern.

ScottPC

As far as popups go, Hallmark makes a great camper while offering several floor plans, some with indoor showers. The roof is very sturdy and lifts mechanically so it can raise and lower a fair amount of weight, not that you'd ever want to over load it. I have the Milner (without the shower) and wish I would have opted for the indoor shower as my wife is wanted to use the camper more and more. We do have an outdoor shower which is wonderful on nicer days. I do have the Truma Combi heater hotwater heater which is very efficient with both its propane and 12V consumption. It's whisper quiet and ducted for even heat distribution and circulation. The soft sides of the Hallmark do a nice job insulating. I also really like the fiberglass composite construction. It've very sturdy with low heat transfer properties. They're definitely worth checking out. That side, for an even higher end, higher price point popup, take a look at Nimbl. They have terrific design and engineering and would be exceptional for extended travel.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Our first camper was a Hallmark Guanella which we ordered with the inside mini-shower. A portapotie fit inside the shower pan that is removed during showering. Did we like it? Yeah, it was useful when it was too cold to comfortably use the outside shower. We lived in Colorado at the time and we used it quite a bit. The inside shower does create condensation and can take a while to fully dry out. It was pretty nice though. Our current camper, Alaskan, I ordered with outside shower only. We decided that it wasn’t worth having an area dedicated to a shower on a small 8’ camper. If we had a bigger camper we would want an inside shower for sure. When it’s warm out we are perfectly happy with outside showers. We boondock and privacy is rarely a concern.

This is very true. We also opted for an outdoor shower. So we will have both. Primarily outside showers are preferred. But when weather or privacy is a concern we can opt inside. We will also have a maxxair fan/lewmar hatch for air circulation to help with condensation.

danjr

Thanks to all for the many replies here. Lots to consider for convenience as well as headaches. Currently struggling to find anything with an inside shower or cassette toilet that doesn't hang off the back of the truck 2-3 feet. Such a wealth of info on both sides of the ticket-thankful for expedition portal to help impart some knowledge with other people's money before shelling out my own (y)

cph05a

popup_shower1.jpg

popup_shower2.jpg

I have a Phoenix Pop Up Camper with a pop up shower that is a countertop when not a shower. Ours is a recirculating shower so we can take long showers. All the Phoenix Pop Up builds are custom so they can do whatever size you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior