Pop-ups with inside showers?

danjr

Beginning the search for the next rig-as we're starting from scratch it seems most logical to find the ideal camper, then match truck to its needs as far as weight, size, etc.

We're planning a 6ish month road trip around the US and Canada. Seems like an interior shower will likely be a must for us considering we could be in the middle of nowhere one day and in a major city the next. Would like to go pop-up for ability to get into some rugged areas.

What pop-up campers do you know of with inside showers?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I would examine that assumption carefully - lots of full timers find that an indoor shower isn't worth the space/weight/water-use penalties. In most cases it's a shower pan with a curtain track on the ceiling. I have seen some slide-ins with a dedicated wet-bath, but they're usually the kind with deep extensions off the back of the bed, which may not work for your clearance needs depending on how much overlanding you're doing.

That said, off the top of my head:

Four Wheel Campers offers showers on several of their models (at least the full-size Hawk/Grandby models - possibly so on certain configs of the smaller ones)
I believe Sun-Lite has (or had) a couple of configs with a shower
XP Camper (and probably the successor company Nimbl)

Beginning the search for the next rig-as we're starting from scratch it seems most logical to find the ideal camper, then match truck to its needs as far as weight, size, etc.

We're planning a 6ish month road trip around the US and Canada. Seems like an interior shower will likely be a must for us considering we could be in the middle of nowhere one day and in a major city the next. Would like to go pop-up for ability to get into some rugged areas.

Most people with them don’t use them is my observation.

topofpalomar

Enthusiast
We have a Hallmark self-contained Cuchara. After 30 plus years of popup truck campers with no inside head/shower facilities we finally got tired (and too old) to heat water on the stove, fill and hang an outside camp shower off the side of the camper and bath in the cold wind. We've found the Cuchara shower/toilet works well for us. We can boon dock in the desert and use the camper's outside shower or, if cold/windy or find ourselves in a developed campground, it's nice to stay inside, turn on the hot water heater and take a shower. It's a big camper and heavy so I wouldn't cross the Rubicon with it but serves us well. BTW, it's very well made; the best quality camper we've ever had.

IPA

Observer
Four Wheel Campers offer an inside shower option on some models but to me it looks clumsy and hard to use.

Northstar, Phoenix, Hallmark, Outfitter, Bundutec, and Palomino all offer models with wet baths that have both an interior toilet and shower.

Not sure about Alaskan. I've never seen a shower in one but that doesn't mean they aren't out there somewhere.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Bundutec.

I have got to have a shower. Half of my campers use is travel, not overlanding. So while a indoor shower isn't needed at the beach, campground, state park, or desert, it's indispensable if I'm parked at a race track or shooting range.

danjr

Thanks everyone for the quick replies here. We're weighing the pros and cons of an inside shower. If we can move past this as a 'requirement', the options open up drastically. Going to look at some campers at a dealer on Friday just to get a feel for amenities and build out a list of features we are looking for. I'll need to ponder the indoor shower one a bit more as it really does seem to be a major contributor to size, weight, cost, and availability of options. A hot water shower is a non-negotiable must. Whether we can manage with that outside or not is the question. We will also use this during ski season-so interior sure would be a nicety.

1000arms

... Would like to go pop-up for ability to get into some rugged areas. ...
... We will also use this during ski season-so interior sure would be a nicety.
I know you are looking for a pop-up, but, you might consider a small hard-sided camper. See @Mundo4x4Casa 's thread, and research his other threads for what he has done with a small hard-sided camper. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/jefes-hardside-camper-hauler.208061/

He also has a few articles at Truck Camper Adventure. https://www.truckcamperadventure.com/jefe-tackles-canyonlands-white-rim-trail/

Being able to use a camper without popping it up (and down) is useful in the rain and snow.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Bundutec here with both an inside and outside shower. We prefer the inside shower and use it. It's our fourth cab-over camper and three have had indoor showers and we use them.

Jack

sg1

Adventurer
If you want to use your camper in winter you should look at the insulation and the condensation issues especially if you plan on washing and having a shower indoors. Very few pop up campers have any reasonable insulation. Hallmark and Overlandex CampX and maybe Northstar have insulated softwalls and hardwalls with few thermal bridges where condensation develops.

danjr

I know you are looking for a pop-up, but, you might consider a small hard-sided camper. See @Mundo4x4Casa 's thread, and research his other threads for what he has done with a small hard-sided camper. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/jefes-hardside-camper-hauler.208061/

He also has a few articles at Truck Camper Adventure. https://www.truckcamperadventure.com/jefe-tackles-canyonlands-white-rim-trail/

Being able to use a camper without popping it up (and down) is useful in the rain and snow.

I'll check them out-thanks. Yes, weather can be a concern as far as drying soft walls out or packing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz