Pop up trailer?

I have been thinking about starting a tread here for my trailer. My trailer has more in common with these folks than any other group. Here is my in progress 1991 Viking Northwind. I know you are looking at stuff that is far more modern but I will say that the size and weight of this little thing has been great.

I remember when those first came out, and thought that was a nice idea. You were lucky to find one in such good condition.

Clutch

<---Pass
This just "popped-up" [har-har] on the Ex-Portal front page.

https://expeditionportal.com/expedition-portal-classifieds-2013-kimberley-karavan/

150546566.H4gXX8Q4.jpg

IMG_0401_DxO-1334x1000.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
I have been thinking about starting a tread here for my trailer. My trailer has more in common with these folks than any other group. Here is my in progress 1991 Viking Northwind. I know you are looking at stuff that is far more modern but I will say that the size and weight of this little thing has been great.

That is pretty cool. How much does it weigh?

FFJJ

Don't be fooled. It is Chinese. Big thread about them here. Big on looks and price low on quality. Basically tin and sticks build.

That is true. I also figured out the Black Series Camper are made in China, and assembly in USA. The parts are imported from China Shan Dong.
The quality is not reliable, and low level of management, no response to customer complaints. Tell lies to mislead customers.
That is horrible, we should be careful with that.

FFJJ

Those are quite nice.

Looks very burly!

hq12-product.jpg
I figured out the Black Series Camper are made in China, and assembly in USA. The parts are imported from China Shan Dong.
The quality is not reliable, and low level of management, no response to customer complaints. Tell lies to mislead customers.
That is horrible, we should be careful with that.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat

I would love to see a thread on this camper. I think these are little gems. I think Sunlite produced these until about 2009. I've been stalking one for some time now. Don't really know why the US doesn't build more pop ups like this. It's bread and butter in Australia.

RickSut

Sorry to be new to the Topic, but I have a 2008 Aliner Aframe I already lifted 4 inches by changing the axle to a 3500lb axle, but really want to go up another 6 so I can get 17 inch wheels on it. And Maybe add some re-inforcements to the frame. I have 30,000 miles on it and have dragged it down many a dirt road, through a few swamps, and rarely camp in Campgrounds. Its a fairly fully equiped little bugger with every thing including Microwave and A/C, Furnace, and Frig, Hot & Cold Running Water. And Every tree I have ever camped under works as a great Potty !! The trailer construction just screams to be modified ! And they are fairly easy to pick up for under $15K.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
so, it been a while, but I picked up a used QS 6.1 last week. Pretty much half a full sized pop-up. Perfect for me and GF. 2012 for $3K, very low entry cost. This will be for base camping not for wheeling & exploring. Its very well built and "off road" capable package, well we'll see.... Accessorizing is now in full effect!

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles