Pop Up Tent, read before you laugh at me.

39Ronin

Adventurer
I have a two little girls ages 5 years old and 18 months and we want to buy a tent to camp really close to home. We need a tent that can be set up quick and easy as I have a hard time watching the 18 month old while doing other tasks, she take offs really quick. Other parents will know what I mean. Anyone have any experience with this tent or similar? I am curious about the quality of materials and the mechanism for the pop up.

http://www.eldoradocamping.com/

Cody1771

Explorer
first off i dont know why you would think people would laught at you. and 2nd i have had experience with these type of tents, not that one exactly but others of the like. they are pretty nice, just make sure you clean out the mechinism on the top once in a while. ive also used the inflatable tube type ones and they are no good with any wind. plus if you get a hole in one you wake up with the tent in your face.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Funny you should say that, I have two "AIRZONE" air tents and the only way you could get a hole in either one is to

first off i dont know why you would think people would laught at you. and 2nd i have had experience with these type of tents, not that one exactly but others of the like. they are pretty nice, just make sure you clean out the mechinism on the top once in a while. ive also used the inflatable tube type ones and they are no good with any wind. plus if you get a hole in one you wake up with the tent in your face.

Run over it with studded snow tires or shoot it !!!

:costumed-smiley-007:coffee::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

mikelite80

Adventurer
I'm very interested in this topic! I was just starting to look for a quicker, easy and cheap tent. I hate my current tent and don't want to spend the money on a RTT as I'll probably be purchasing the new adventure trailer in a year or so.

Mike

mnfeo2

Adventurer
Seems like a sweet tent, easy and quick to setup. I've been wanting one of the 2 second tents for a while even though I have a roof top tent.

Have fun camping with the family.

Snagger

Explorer
Have a look at Quecha tents - I have three now; the two second tents are literally that, unlike the one in the original link which takes much more than the three seconds claimed.

Joanne

Adventurer
I don't have any tent advice to pass along, but I would like to commend you for taking your little girls out camping.
icon14.gif
You are introducing them to an activity that they may enjoy the remainder of their lives. I grew up camping with my folks and (obviously) still love time in the outdoors. I'll be heading out Friday for another weekend under the stars.

Joanne

matt s

Explorer
I have a pop up tent that is strictly for the purpose you mentioned. Not that brand, but same idea. Goes up in no time, fairly stable, and roomy for the kids and me. It's also way too big and heavy for anything but camping with the vehicle. But my kids are young and long hikes are out for a few more years, so it fits the bill nicely.

Big Daddy Chia

Adventurer
Have a look at Quecha tents - I have three now; the two second tents are literally that, unlike the one in the original link which takes much more than the three seconds claimed.

Those are cool. Only one problem for most of us. I dont see a way of getting them here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior