Pop Up & Slide Out Camper!

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
I'm posting this thread to show an interesting take on a hard sided pop up/slide out camper, the configuration of which may be of interest to someone wanting a DIY, demountable, flatbed camper that has a small, low 'footprint' whilst offering good accommodation.

The camper shown is fitted onto a 600cc, four wheel drive micro truck, on which it needs the two wind down stabilization jacks at the rear, on virtually any other trucks these would not be needed.

I really like the pop up design and think it has great potential, (it also has a neat roof bed!). I would, however, lose the over cab projection and instead fit a 'windjammer' curved storage pod on the cab roof, giving storage and streamlining.

Discuss!

1.jpg2.jpg03.jpg
outer.jpg01.jpg02.jpg

Video's here, and here.

Website's here, here and here.

Honu

lost on the mainland
to funny I was looking at these the other day when searching stuff :)

they are pretty cool for small setups and by the size of them could fit a flatbed of a toyota tacoma by the looks easy

cwsqbm

Explorer
Brilliant use of space. That thing is tiny in travel mode - extended its barely 2m wide. I want one (but I'd always had a love of Japanese mini-trucks).
2layerbed-feature.jpgdinet-feature.jpggalley.jpg

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I wonder how well the slide out portion would hold up to flexing from the trail. Pretty cool design none the less. Want to see some more interior shots too. What is it called. I have weak google-****.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
D'oh! I totally missed those. Must have been distracted by the pink swooshy swipe on the side.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles