Pop-up camper without wide base.

Photobug

I am looking to put a popup on a trailer that is only 49" wide the whole distance of its 8' bed. I just looked at an older Hallmark that had a wider base behind where the wheel wells would be on a truck bed. Does any pop-up camper stay 48" all the way to the back? Photo of the offending bump out on the camper I wish was on my trailer but would not fit.20200702_170124.jpg

OverlandNA

I almost put an old Palomino PU TC on a 4x8 trailer. The camper was 48" the whole length of the bottom. You could modify the trailer to accept it or buy a wider trailer. Watch the weight and trailer brakes will come in handy with a heavy camper.

Photobug

I almost put an old Palomino PU TC on a 4x8 trailer. The camper was 48" the whole length of the bottom. You could modify the trailer to accept it or buy a wider trailer. Watch the weight and trailer brakes will come in handy with a heavy camper.
Thanks
I have a cool trailer but getting the brakes to work on it is my sticking point as well as finding a camper that will fit. I was hoping to put a larger/better camper on but maybe need to look at a Palomino.

1stDeuce

Explorer
Many of the skampers were narrow all the way back too. So are many of the campers intended for small trucks like S10's and Rangers, built in the 80's and 90's.

LuckyDan

Adventurer
As mentioned above, to get into something that narrow at the rear, the models built for mid sized trucks are probably your best bet. FWC built the original Fleet and Ranger II that may fit the bill if you can find one. Four Seasons had a model too IIRC.

Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier