pop up camper and aluminess bumper

JDaPP

Adventurer
At overland expo east I was watching a presentation on medium trucks given by I believe Tom of 4 wheel campers. He had a great setup with a Tacoma, fleet pop up, an aluminess bumpers w/boxes. My question is how hard is it to remove the camper with the aluminess boxes? Do the boxes have to be removed? And if so how hard is that? Kid was falling asleep on my shoulder so I didn't get a chance to ask any questions. Thanks.

kmacafee

Adventurer
I have Aluminess bumpers on the exact same truck with Aluminess boxes on two swing arms. I dont yet have the camper (about ready to order) but the boxes are easy to remove utilizing two pins each. They might swing open far enough to be clear when removing the camper but I would not want to risk damaging anything mid-removal. It really only takes a few minutes per box and I can install myself assuming they are empty. Hope that helps.

Overdrive

Adventurer
It seems the boxes would have to be removed, because you lift up the camper a bit via the jacks, then drive out from under it. The boxes, when swung open, would hit the jacks when driving forward.

JDaPP

Adventurer
I have Aluminess bumpers on the exact same truck with Aluminess boxes on two swing arms. I dont yet have the camper (about ready to order) but the boxes are easy to remove utilizing two pins each. They might swing open far enough to be clear when removing the camper but I would not want to risk damaging anything mid-removal. It really only takes a few minutes per box and I can install myself assuming they are empty. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I will be interested on what you figure out once you have the camper.

JDaPP

Adventurer
It seems the boxes would have to be removed, because you lift up the camper a bit via the jacks, then drive out from under it. The boxes, when swung open, would hit the jacks when driving forward.

That is what I figured, but just wanted confirmation/know how hard it is to make happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles