Pop Top in a van

windtraveler

Observer
Thinking about installing a pop top in a new Sprinter low roof van. I’m looking for any and all feedback, opinions, experiences, etc......both positive and negative.
thanks in advance.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
What brand Pop top-

SMB- Long history, good customer service, at least 3 locations. Gives somebody 5-10'' enough head space to walk with the top down. Overall its a really good top and the install was done in a day. I have been happy with it other then small small things. There is a spring that is inside a channel that rattles when the top is down. How that Mark (MSD on Forums) is helping CCV in Colorado I would actually give them a shot. More head space, bigger bed, and more insulation

86scotty

Cynic
Tons and tons and tons of info on these in the vans section and the Sportsmobile forum. Lots of folks there have ditched their SMB pop tops (in their SMB vans) for CCV. If you can stomach the price for any of them there is no better way to go.......except this. Unless you have a big reason for needing a low roof Sprinter such as garage door height then I would trade now for a high roof. So much better for traveling and living in.

windtraveler

Observer
Cummins - based on what I can gather off of the internet I would have to agree. CCV seems to best for my needs (wants). The only downside for me is logistics but I think it will be worth it. Not thrilled about the 11" additional exterior height when closed but the benefits outweigh that negative.

I'm curious about how much additional noise / resistance they produce. I'm guessing not much but I'm sure there is some.

86 - I hear you on the high top but I'm just not a fan. We live in a very windy area and this will be my daily driver for a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94