Police in California and CCW Permits

F5driver

Adventurer
CA is insane. One can buy a joint over-the-counter joint but you can't buy one bullet without a background check.

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
CA is insane. One can buy a joint over-the-counter joint but you can't buy one bullet without a background check.

Perspective is everything. One could also say the other states are insane. You can buy bullets without a background check, but you can't buy a joint legally. :coffee:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I could only watch about half the video, my head was about to explode. Only a government agency can survive being that inept.

brentbba

Explorer

The background check doesn't go into effect until July, 2019. As of this year we can't purchase ammo over the internet. Well we can but it must be shipped to an in state licensed ammo dealer or FFL so the 'final' transaction is done in person. I'm still waiting on the legislation that'll turn our agriculture checkpoints into ammo checkpoints too! :Wow1:

The Wizard

Observer
The background check doesn't go into effect until July, 2019. As of this year we can't purchase ammo over the internet. Well we can but it must be shipped to an in state licensed ammo dealer or FFL so the 'final' transaction is done in person. I'm still waiting on the legislation that'll turn our agriculture checkpoints into ammo checkpoints too! :Wow1:

I can see it now: Question - Do you have any ammunition in your car? Answer - No, just a ton of weed. Reply - Have a nice day, sir. Next car. Officer - I see a 22 RF round on the floor board! Out of your car with your hands up! Up against the car! You are under arrest for bring ammunition into California!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I can see it now: Question - Do you have any ammunition in your car? Answer - No, just a ton of weed. Reply - Have a nice day, sir. Next car. Officer - I see a 22 RF round on the floor board! Out of your car with your hands up! Up against the car! You are under arrest for bring ammunition into California!

Weed transport gets stopped all the time. Only the legit types are given a pass. Its not a big deal if your legit. Its another story if your not. Oddly all the gun owners I know in CA dont really care given it doesn’t impact them. But they are concerned it could lead to more thefts and strong armed robbery of gun stores by people who seek ammo and cant really get it without being on the radar.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Regardless of how stupid their laws may be I'm fairly certain that a lot of people CHOOSE to live in CA, so as a result you choose to live with whatever laws appointed over you. If you do not like it you can vote for a change or choose to move elsewhere, sounds logical to me anyway.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
I've lived in Los Angeles off and on for 50 years. That whole time it has always been pretty much impossible to get a CCW in L.A. County unless you are a cop.

That dork in the video should have bypassed the Torrance PD and gone straight to the Sherriff's Dept. At least they would have told "No, now piss off", in less than 18 months.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I've lived in Los Angeles off and on for 50 years. That whole time it has always been pretty much impossible to get a CCW in L.A. County unless you are a cop.

That dork in the video should have bypassed the Torrance PD and gone straight to the Sherriff's Dept. At least they would have told "No, now piss off", in less than 18 months.

I have known guys who got their permit less than 5 months after moving there, in the case of the guy in the video he was just a thorn in their side and would seem they intentionally treated him as such.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I have known guys who got their permit less than 5 months after moving there, in the case of the guy in the video he was just a thorn in their side and would seem they intentionally treated him as such.

"A thorn in their side" ??? I am pro law enforcement, but they are there to serve us.

Dalko43

Explorer
Perspective is everything. One could also say the other states are insane. You can buy bullets without a background check, but you can’t buy a joint legally. :coffee:

Ownership of one of those items is a legally-protected right as per the federal constitution; ownership of the other item is not. NICS checks don't usually take that long, but it's still pretty silly that California will require background checks for every time someone wants to buy a few rounds but does nothing check on people who rent planes or heavy-duty trucks.

Perspective is everything ;)

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Ownership of one of those items is a legally-protected right as per the federal constitution; ownership of the other item is not. NICS checks don't usually take that long, but it's still pretty silly that California will require background checks for every time someone wants to buy a few rounds but does nothing check on people who rent planes or heavy-duty trucks.

Perspective is everything ;)
Renting a plane isnt easy. I’ve done it a few times. Regardless they just steal them why bother renting?

thebmrust

Weed isn't addressed in a Constitutional Amendment, firearms are addressed and as much the right is not to be infringed. Legislate and tax weed all you want, firearms, it's clearly spelled out.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Weed isn't addressed in a Constitutional Amendment, firearms are addressed and as much the right is not to be infringed. Legislate and tax weed all you want, firearms, it's clearly spelled out.

Gotta remember that we are discussing california, the crackhead state of stupidity! as long as it makes the populace "feel good" or "feel safe" then the constitution means nothing to these nut cases, perfect reason to avoid the place at all costs! an imaginary line is all that stands between being a law abiding citizen of a somewhat normal state and being a felon in that wackadoo republic!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94