Point Five Ambo Build

Coachgeo

Explorer
came here to report this too.... Im shocked.

Ambo folk..... Pat was an amazing help in here and other places.... so leave a beer and a glass at an empty chair for him next time you venture out in your rig.

FDM2012

Adventurer
DAMN IT. I hate finding out about this. I met Pat in the Ambo forums and even met him roadside a couple of times to compare notes on our builds. He was one of the most knowledgeable people in this regard, and always willing to help others. AND, he was one of the most Patriotic people I have known. RIP, Pat. You will be missed!

Attachments

• untitled1.png
    untitled1.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 23

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Oh NO!!!!! :( :( :(
Thank you for updating us Bob. Pat was such a kind soul. Never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but he was always so positive and helpful here.
RIP my friend.

rlrenz

Explorer
Oh NO!!!!! :( :( :(
Thank you for updating us Bob. Pat was such a kind soul. Never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but he was always so positive and helpful here.
RIP my friend.

Pat and I used to bounce ideas off each other, and we both wound up changing plans after we'd talked ideas through. He will definitely be missed by everyone who knew him.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Always a shock when someone you know passes suddenly. I knew Pat mostly through our respective Ambo builds but did meet him once in Florida. We were traveling with our camper and we met up so I could deliver some parts he needed that I didn’t. Seemed a good sort in person just like online. Onwards and upwards Pat, wherever we go from here....

cjken

Explorer
Always a shock when someone you know passes suddenly. I knew Pat mostly through our respective Ambo builds but did meet him once in Florida. We were traveling with our camper and we met up so I could deliver some parts he needed that I didn’t. Seemed a good sort in person just like online. Onwards and upwards Pat, wherever we go from here....

Hey Tom,
I never met Pat, but I think you, Alex, Pat, and I all started our Ambulance projects around the same time. I learned a lot from him and wish I had the chance to meet him. It is a shame he did not get to finish his project and put it to use.

rlrenz

Explorer
I learned about his passing from his ex-wife's brother, who apparently joined one of the facebook ambulance groups just to post Pat's death. I mentioned all the time, energy, the thought that went into Pat's project, and he mentioned that there was a possibility that he would work to complete it.

Pat was one hell of a good egg. Never ranting and raving, but always a nice guy. We traded many daily emails discussing thoughts and ideas. Rest in peace, Pat.

RacerAV

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but man I remember coming across Pats stuff a long time ago. Funny how certain forum people stick with you. Sorry to hear he passed. RIP sir.

rlrenz

Explorer
Pat was one of my best friends-we'd email several times a day, and regularly bounced ideas off each other. He was a retired DoD fire chief for the Pensacola NAS, and he and I both had a common background working with military requirements. Pat had become very heavy, and had circulation problems. As I understand it, he died from heart failure. His neighbor hadn't seen him one morning, and called for a PD wellness check. Apparently, he had died at night. I later heard that someone in Pensacola had bought his trailer.

RIP, Pat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles