Plumbing Issues

Hi All, A couple months ago I bought an ageing but well-maintained 1987, 11.5ft Bigfoot camper with an equally well-kept 87' RAM pickup from a local RV retailer near Toronto. I didn't plan to use the camper until May, so I offloaded and parked in my yard in Toronto while waiting for the weather to clear for my road trip across the United States. I am planning to do some maintenance as well replacing the existing camper tie down and adding a new one. The main modification comes in the plumbing area as it is an old camper its plumbing systems are rusty and will be a major problem after the winter. I wonder what system will be best for this model of camper. Can anyone suggest me some ideas?

Ari3sgr3gg0

Run some flexible plastic line. The old rigid metal piping doesn't flex well off road. There is a sub forum for hard sided campers

If I were you, I'd hire a plumber
Consider replacing the old plumbing system with Pex piping. Pex is a flexible, durable, and corrosion-resistant material that's commonly used in modern RV plumbing systems. It's relatively easy to work with and is less prone to rust and leaks compared to traditional copper or iron pipes.
You’re responding to a 5 year old post. Nothing wrong with that, but I suspect the member has solved the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior