Please recommend Powertank / CO2 fill service - PHX AZ

GB_Willys_2014

Does anyone have experience with CO2 fill service vendors in the Phoenix AZ or the SE Valley?

Google presents a number of vendors, but I am wondering if anyone has specific recommendations, good or bad.

I am looking to fill a 10lb Powertank.

Thanks!

XJINTX

Explorer
I always check the restaurant / commercial ice places. They usually supply CO2 for beverages at bars and restaurants and will fill for you. Seems lately most welding and such suppliers want exchange and not refill :(

jgaz

Adventurer
https://vernlewis.com/
These guys have numerous locations around the valley. The two stores I’ve dealt with were staffed with great people. You can mig weld with straight CO2 as a shielding gas (with a bit more splatter) so I have to believe they will be able to help you

toddz69

Explorer
I'll have to dig the receipt out of my Bronco's glovebox because I can't remember the place, but it's in the downtown Phoenix area if that's convenient for you. I used to go to Phoenix Welding Supply but when it got close to $20 for a 10 lb. tank, I looked elsewhere. A Rover friend turned me onto this place (again, the name escapes me) and I've gone there ever since. They recertified the tank for me when it needed it a few years ago too. I think I usually pay between $5-$8 to get a 10 lb. tank filled there.

Todd Z.

EDIT: Found it: http://www2.mathesongas.com/storeLocatorResults.aspx?zip=85003&pt=4&ra=25 Looks like they have a location on Country Club too. I go to the Watkins location.

Umbrarian

Observer
I always check the restaurant / commercial ice places. They usually supply CO2 for beverages at bars and restaurants and will fill for you. Seems lately most welding and such suppliers want exchange and not refill :(

Yep, first thing I did when thinking I wanted a PT was look for a place to fill it. Everyone around me did exchange, no fills. Glad I checked first.

While we are on the subject of PowerTanks, how much usage are people getting out of them for airing back up? I know it depends on tire size and beginning and ending pressures, so if you can please list those. I would rather go with an on board air compressor but for now I might be able to get by with a PowerTank.

GB_Willys_2014

While we are on the subject of PowerTanks, how much usage are people getting out of them for airing back up? I know it depends on tire size and beginning and ending pressures, so if you can please list those. I would rather go with an on board air compressor but for now I might be able to get by with a PowerTank.

I will explain my reasoning for buying a PowerTank.

I have a Viair 300P which works okay for my 255/80/17 KM2's.

I have been contemplating an upgrade for some time, and debated between a more powerful electric compressor and CO2. I may go up a tire size (35's) when it is time for new tires, likely next year. At any rate, I wanted something with more power. :)

For the money, I decided upon the Powertank, and will keep the 300P as a backup.

I will be happy to post up real world observations as a follow-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94