Platform for Roamin Chariot

Mikeje

Hi Gang!
Joining the truck camper family w a great condition RC. BUT!!!!! I need to make a 6 inch(ish) platform for it to fit my truck bed (2011 F150).

Figured it would be a great storage space for skis and whatnot.

Has anyone made a platform
That high before? Advice?

Cheers
Me

OVRLND Campers

I did it for my Roamin Chariot. I did 3/4 bottom ply with three 2*6s on their side. One on each side and one down the middle with another 3/4 ply on top. Then some really long drawers with no slides that just hung in between the two 3/4 ply sheets. I then just added a lock and it was a great place for chairs, stove and bike gear.

Also no problems over two years of hard use

Mikeje

I did it for my Roamin Chariot. I did 3/4 bottom ply with three 2*6s on their side. One on each side and one down the middle with another 3/4 ply on top. Then some really long drawers with no slides that just hung in between the two 3/4 ply sheets. I then just added a lock and it was a great place for chairs, stove and bike gear.

Also no problems over two years of hard use
Awesome! Thanks so much! I’m just going to use turnbuckles to the bed eyelets and hooks to secure!

Any other things I should know or
Modifications you have done?

OVRLND Campers

Awesome! Thanks so much! I’m just going to use turnbuckles to the bed eyelets and hooks to secure!

Any other things I should know or
Modifications you have done?

I didnt even secure it to the eyelets, just the camper... I just relied on the pressure of the camper to secure it.... but you can never be too safe.

I did a part build out on mine and solar, but that was it. Lived out of it full time for two years and loved it!

OVRLND Campers

Theres the drawers. Full slide with central lock so one lock took care of both. Though I had the camper I usually ended up sleeping on the ground.... too hot in Sedona.

Mikeje

View attachment 523092

Theres the drawers. Full slide with central lock so one lock took care of both. Though I had the camper I usually ended up sleeping on the ground.... too hot in Sedona.
Right On!
Thanks so much. I am increasing my stoke daily. This isn’t helping:)

Figured on the exact same base as you and secure the camper to the eyelets. Great advice on the drawer locks.

Did you add a heater or stove or anything to the inside?

Mine will also be a winter powder chasing machine as well as a mt biking home. Was thinking of dropping a small heater into it. Or at least rigging another battery for an electric heater and lights!

Cheers

OVRLND Campers

I did a coleman stove from Wally World so I could cook outside more. For heating I bought a -30F down sleeping bag and have never looked back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles