Plates, bowls, ect

tatanka48

Chinette(paper/burned in the camp fire) is SOP in the RV when we are eating outside and melamine is for inside( "formal" ) dining

Lexan/MSR/GSI is my goto for MC camping(will eventually break if they have been boiled or have had boiling water poured in/on them)

blue enamelware(vintage) is the service on the chuck wagon which can be boiled clean on the camp fire in a large wash pot (D... near indestructible)

T

J!m

Usually I use the german military mess kit flatware or the spoon that comes in MRE packages. For plates and bowls I use a metal plate with a paper plate over it (metal to strengthen the paper) and either an enameled bowl or a paper bowl. Really no washing involved, the paper stuff goes in a camp fire (if there is no ban) or in the Trasharoo to be disposed of later when a proper place is discovered. The real issue is what to do with coffee grounds. I tried instant (Nescafe) for awhile but it was rather insisted that I discontinue that route, by my travel companion, she does not like instant. Pots and pans come from sales at Bed 'n Bath or a thrift store. Non stick pans are great.

Coffee grounds- these are great for the plants. My grandmother always used them in the garden. I always toss them into the taller grass/weeds or trees. Starbucks gives away their grounds for people to use in their garden too.

old_CWO

I was raised in a "cheapo paper plate to campfire" family so that's what I usually do. Sometimes a paper plate just won't do - like on steak night for example.

I spent over 20 years eating off of these dumb things:
mess tray.jpg

So now I'm kinda partial to 'em and tossed a couple in the chuck kit....

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Got some square Corelle plates; disappointed... 'way too big to pack well...
...need to hit up the thrift stores to see if I can find some melamine plates, like the one that broke.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles