Plastic tote wider than 16”

Porkchopexpress

I am looking for storage and transport solutions to a 17” Blackstone Griddle. They sell a bag but I would much prefer a hard side weather resistant and stackable option. Looking at Walmart and Home Depot, none of the plastic totes come with an interior width greater than about 16” and with the propane valve sticking out, 18” is minimum. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I can’t justify spending more than the grill cost on storage, ($80).

Porkchopexpress

Thanks for all the links! Unfortunately I don’t think there is any workaround on the price. Not seeing anything close without going crazy expensive. I think I’ll just throw something together out of wood.

s.e.charles

Thanks for all the links! Unfortunately I don’t think there is any workaround on the price. Not seeing anything close without going crazy expensive. I think I’ll just throw something together out of wood.

not to bust your chops (too much), but this is THE classic "go-'round". and in this instance it may be the best way out. but after a lifetime of hearing this and similar responses why a job costs "so much", I have to chuckle. the response reflects materials quality (good or bad - it's what I had in the shop) and places no monetary value on the builder's time.

hey; I certainly don't mind spending 5 hours fitting a rack on my bicycle that a guy who does bike mechanics all day long could do in 20 minutes, but i'm a putterer at heart and take a great deal of pleasure doing so. but I couldn't say he was taking advantage of me and charging too much because he had garnered the experience to do it quicker & more efficient.

anyway, post a picture when your done so we can steal your design and then tell you how "we" would have done it differently.

jadmt

ignore button user
Here I thought my Blackstone grill was perfect because it doesn't need any box or bag. I just flip the griddle part upside down and stack my stackable totes on top of it.
Old suitcase or attache from Goodwill.

always be careful using suitcases and such from goodwill if you are doing any border crossings. Never know if they were used to carry 100lbs of drugs. Happened to a buddy. Dogs alerted on a suitcase he bought at a thrift shop and he was held up for a while, apparently a previous owner used it to carry dope in.

Porkchopexpress

Here I thought my Blackstone grill was perfect because it doesn't need any box or bag. I just flip the griddle part upside down and stack my stackable totes on top of it.

I didn’t even think of that... maybe wrap it in a trash bag to keep it dry.

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Could build a simple box w 1/4" plywood and 1x2's.

Seconded. used similar materials to built a transport case for my 8" dobsonian telescope

caselaw10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94