Planning my Baja Trip -- looking for advice

Hey y'all!!

I'm super excited to be planning a dream trip -- Baja. I'm looking for places to check out, specifically places to surf (pacific) and SUP/snorkel/fish ( Sea of Cortez).

My plan is to drive w/ a buddy down, surf along the way, drop him off at Cabo International, pick up my fiance, and SUP on the way back up. Both ways will take 7-10 days.

I'm looking for 2-3 places to layover. Surf should be intermediate. SUP zones I'm looking for beautiful water w/ interesting features to paddle around (maybe even an island to camp on??). I love remote, and am happy to drive any kind of road.

I'll be in an F150 w/ an Alu-Cab tent.

Pics appreciated.

Thanks everyone!! So stoked!!

sbrown77

dude, you're gonna have a blast!

the information you seek is already out there, look on this forum, look at FB groups. buy a map/books: surfers guide to baja, the new baja atlas that was just released, nat geo topo maps...

lots to see down there it's really just a matter of what your priorities are and how much time you have. if its SUPing and surfing, you'll want a LOT more time then 20 days :)

dude, you're gonna have a blast!

the information you seek is already out there, look on this forum, look at FB groups. buy a map/books: surfers guide to baja, the new baja atlas that was just released, nat geo topo maps...

lots to see down there it's really just a matter of what your priorities are and how much time you have. if its SUPing and surfing, you'll want a LOT more time then 20 days :)

I'm super psyched! I've got my two places on the way down mapped out, as well as two+ on the way back up.

Now the real question: do I bring the e-moto?

I travelled from Mexicali to La Paz and then took the ferry over to Mazatlán this past June. Is there anything specific I can answer?

I will tell you that if you have to turn in any paperwork to the Banjercito, in Tecate, it's setup where you have to go through the US border, do a U-turn and go back through into Mexico. I had thought that I could park my vehicle in a paring lot on the Mexican side and just walk over to the Banjercito office. Not so. They have to see the vehicle.

WFOORBUST

Join Baja Nomad and look at all of DavidK'S maps and posts for all that you need to know. Auga Verdi is on my list to visit. Any or the spots along the seven sisters on the Pacific side is amazing. Bay of LA, La Gringa beach at the North end of town, nice bay and free camping..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke