Pitchblack Rally Recce Raider Build

irish44j

So not much interesting to report in the last few days, but will update in the interest of documenting "everything" as much as possible. So, I got in a new A/C idler pulley from Korea (totally forgot I even ordered it) to replace the one on the truck, which may have been ok but was a little noisy for my liking. So, installed that, which was uneventful. One less thing to think about.

irish44j

So I got new speakers for my tow rig (Sequioa). I went with some Rockford Fosgates that my audiophile friends recommended as the best-sounding in the price range I had in mind - and they were totally right. Unfortunately, got the wrong size for the Sequoia's rear doors and didn't feel like dealing with a return. However, they are the right size for the Raider. I previously put some cheap Kenwood speakers in the Raider but honestly have been pretty unimpressed with them. They were cheap speakers and they sound basically like....a cheap speaker.

So, swapped the front door speakers in the Raider to the leftover RFs. And they really sound much, much better...

Anyhow, hope you had a good 4th of July.

irish44j

In other news, some new pedal covers I ordered came in. Because bare metal clutch pedal is somewhat annoying...

I also made stuff for the rally car, because I was bored and wanted to do something functional but silly...

Recommended books for Overlanding