Pirelli may become Chinese owned

Xenophobe here...

I won't buy any more if they are.

Yes, I've bought them in the past...from the VW to the Renault to the Ducati...right now they're the winter tires on the GTi

KiwiKurt

Explorer
I get the sense that this is just business purchasing/capital investment....not surprising, China is expanding in the global market place at an exponential rate.

I don't see it affecting Pirelli's tire performance in the near term, though. Also means that chinese companies will be able to take pirelli's technology and make the same thing for cheaper.

Why is this sad news? :confused:

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Agreed, hopefully its just for china to rip off technology and own the company, and they leave other operations alone. I'll be sure to keep my eye on future testing from 3rd parties/reviews.

I've been happy with the Angel GT's on my multistrada thus far.

paj54

Observer
When the Chinese ban imported ivory, bear gall bladder,rhino horn, and shark fins they can have my business. Until then no Chinese prosucts for me.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
No longer a "maybe" Pirelli is owned by the Chinese government.

I will try and not purchase Pirelli now, I would rather not give profits directly to the Chinese communist party.

/sarcasm
I would rather profits go to a private company that then has the option of buying government or lobbyists with the money.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Damn. I like my MT-21. When it wears out I'll shop elsewhere.

I know... I love my MT21's... It's been my "go-to" tire for years on the front of the KLR... I just used a rear in Baja for the first time in January and it was great too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles