Piezo Alarm Disable

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I was checking out Scott's site and stumbled across his Piezo Alarm Disable Page. I was thinking about it and I opted to go the other route, and reprogram the Alarm Brain to not signal the Piezo. So I thought I would share how....To turn the feature on or off, follow these directions:

The factory setting for the PIEZO operation mode is ON. When set to "OFF", only operation during REMOTE ARMING & DISARMING is affected.

1: Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to on (not acc).
2: Using one remote control, press and hold both buttons at the same time for over 2 seconds, until the status monitor's LED turns on.
You must perform the next steps within 30 seconds

To turn the piezo off: Press and release the bottom remote control button once. The piezo chirper chirps once, and the exterior lights flash once. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper chirps 3 times, and the exterior lights flash 3 times.

To turn the piezo on: Press and release the bottom remote control button twice. The piezo chirper chirps twice, and the exterior lights flash twice. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper chirps 3 times, and the exterior lights flash 3 times.

If you do not turn the ignition key to lock, or exceed 30 seconds during the programming steps, the status monitor's LED will turn off and the previous operation mode will remain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles