Pictures of Food Cooked in the Great Outdoors

locofife

Let me preface this post by saying, I love food, and I love looking at pictures of food and drooling over the dishes that everyone has managed to create. With that being said, it would be great if I didn't have to sift through a bunch of threads to find a few pictures. So, why not compile pictures of food we have made into one thread for everyone to enjoy. Let's stick with food that has been cooked in the great outdoors. Recipes are, of course, appreciated. I'll start this off with the following.

These are some huckleberry cheesecakes my brother and I cooked in the dutch oven several years ago on a camping trip.

And this is a brisket I smoked up on the same trip. I hauled my pellet smoker up into the mountains, dragged a deep cycle battery and an inverter with me, and smoked it all night.

Now it's your turn. Let's see what you have!

GlenStanley

I did BBQ competitions for a while and used to haul at least one of my smokers with me when we went camping. It sure draws a crowd once that smoke starts to get around the campground. Now days, I just cook for the family on my Traeger and have gotten rid of most of my other equipment.

I have some Dutch oven stuff, but haven't gotten around to using much of it yet. Are those the lids your pots are setting on, or some type of deflector?

locofife

Those are just the lids they are sitting on. The cheesecakes weren't cooked on the stove they are sitting on. It was just a convenient place to set them for serving.

GlenStanley

I got inspired by this thread to break out the Dutch Oven I keep at our place in Baja. It was a fairly nice/calm evening last night so I decided to make a batch of Santa Fe Soup over the fire. Anything cooked outdoors, and especially with the Sea of Cortez in the background tastes sooo good.
IMG_4288.JPG IMG_4309.JPG

frankthecampguy

Let me preface this post by saying, I love food, and I love looking at pictures of food and drooling over the dishes that everyone has managed to create. With that being said, it would be great if I didn't have to sift through a bunch of threads to find a few pictures. So, why not compile pictures of food we have made into one thread for everyone to enjoy. Let's stick with food that has been cooked in the great outdoors. Recipes are, of course, appreciated. I'll start this off with the following.

These are some huckleberry cheesecakes my brother and I cooked in the dutch oven several years ago on a camping trip.

And this is a brisket I smoked up on the same trip. I hauled my pellet smoker up into the mountains, dragged a deep cycle battery and an inverter with me, and smoked it all night.

Now it's your turn. Let's see what you have!

Come brother, give me a hug. I also love food, and I love looking at pictures of food and drooling over the dishes that everyone has managed to create. Very yummy!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
IMG_20161124_160300.jpg

Thanksgiving a couple years back: Turkey, garlic mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, spaeztle, cranberry sauce, green beans. Cranberry sauce and spaetzle dumplings were made ahead. Dumplings fried in butter on site. Turkey was cooked sous vide en route and finished in the cast iron skillet. Everything else made over the campfire on site.

IMG_20160813_183036.jpg

Most meals are a bit simpler. Crusted salmon, mediterranean cous cous, and steamed broccoli.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne