Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

Cody1771

Explorer
Not really an expedition bike but it gets me off the beaten track :)

View attachment 122238

what do you mean the strom isnt a expedition bike? hehe nice trailer? what brand is that one? did you buy the sidecar frame or did you hack/fab one together? very nice bike! how does it pull with the SC and trailer? i have a trailer in the works for mine (i have a 650 so a small trailer) but have been giving concideration to the SC so i can more comfortably take the wife out with me.

Lulo

Observer
My expedition bike... :bike_rider: (Honda CRF-250x)

IMG_3464x_zps5a2a8456.jpg

ttouringdave

what do you mean the strom isnt a expedition bike? hehe nice trailer? what brand is that one? did you buy the sidecar frame or did you hack/fab one together? very nice bike! how does it pull with the SC and trailer? i have a trailer in the works for mine (i have a 650 so a small trailer) but have been giving concideration to the SC so i can more comfortably take the wife out with me.

Hi Cody, the trailer is a Kamparoo Cub, local Australian brand I think. Tows brilliantly behind the thou Strom. Pulls a little bit, especially with a chair on the side but nothing drastic, just lets you know it's there.

The sidecar was manufactured from scratch by a mate of mine who is an engineer. My particualr Strom is the first 1000 Strom outfit in Australia. Actually i think it is the first Strom outfit in Aus. period.

If you want any pics of the sub frame for ideas just let me know and I can email some to you.

Dave.

Cody1771

Explorer
nah don't worry bout the pics, theres lots online. i have heard of that trailer, i'm going to be building a trailer for my strom this winter, i want something to carry some diving gear or extra camping comforts if needed. been contemplating the sidecar idea, i really like having my wife out but its not a comfortable bike for 2 up on it. i would want something that i could convert over in short order if i wanted, and i cant decide to eather make up plates to change the lead or get a new set of leading edge forks made up. would be nice to build a 2WD sidecar rig but the strom isnt built for it.

I LOVE this, all aluminum cage, extra fuel, water, storage, perfect, but i don't think my 650 could pull it without killing fuel economy and drivetrain

19814d1257789027-newbie-looking-at-tiger-to-haul-sidecar-tiger-enduro-hack.jpg

Lanceputnam

Government Funded Explorer
Heres my sugar momma. Shes been great so far. 500mi on the clock as of today, but this time next week she will have another 2900 under her belt...

photo.jpg

watrboy

Observer
That is a cool ride. You have put some serious miles on that bike. What is the incognito work in the 1st couple of pictures. Factory test rider?

fnjeep314

Observer
Great looking ST, but I must say, that is the biggest windscreen I think I have ever seen!! That thing is HUGE!! HAHA!

Here is a much more recent pic of my bike out on my up and down the west coast ride.
Leaving home:
P9190036.jpg
Near downtown Sacramento:
P9190040.jpg
Crossing from WA to OR on the 101(headed south):
IMG_1309.jpg
Oregon coast:
IMG_1311.jpg
Crescent City pier with heavy marine layer:
IMG_1356.jpg
Klamath's Tree's of Mystery stop off:
IMG_1360.jpg