Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Wish they still made this van. Had so much going for it. Would buy one tomorrow in AWD and sell my Subaru and Transit. Was the perfect size and toughness for what I do 99% of the time.
I agree its been a great van for what I need it for...have yet to get stuck getting to or out of a camping spot yet and Ive had to drive though some muddy ******** :)

Farfrumwork

yup, nice looking Astro! More interior shots?

We had one for many years, many years ago now. It was a cheap 2wd ($500 cargo) that my wife's dad bought for her. We moved to CO with it in '97, and explored a camped all over with a 2x4 framed bed in the back. Even spent our Honeymoon in that van! Charlies angels van.jpg

(and yes, we painted the Charlie's Angels logo on the side)

yup, nice looking Astro! More interior shots?

We had one for many years, many years ago now. It was a cheap 2wd ($500 cargo) that my wife's dad bought for her. We moved to CO with it in '97, and explored a camped all over with a 2x4 framed bed in the back. Even spent our Honeymoon in that van! View attachment 764487

(and yes, we painted the Charlie's Angels logo on the side)
I love the van looks like you guys had a blast in it! The Interior is a pretty basic build. Built a bed like yours with storage underneath and drop down shelves for outdoor cooking out the back, a center console to hold my house battery and a swivel seat. Might built it out more but it works great for a weekend in the woods with my partner and I as is.

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Snapped an early morning pic with my Phone this morning. Placed a pocket RGB light inside the van for a bit of color.

P3177482-2-1-X3.jpg

Hodakaguy

jreddy

Just got the pop-top back from GTRV. I love that it fits in standard garages. I leave the kitchen setup in there all the time, but if I need to take more than 5 passengers, it only takes a few minutes to swap back in the middle bucket seats. With AWD, all terrain tires, and a 2-inch lift, it handles service roads just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_6708.jpg
    IMG_6708.jpg
    954.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6707.jpg
    IMG_6707.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 97

Muttle

Observer
Well this has been riding jack stands for a 1.5 years with no engine/trans or front suspension. Figured I'd get off my butt and at least make it a roller. This is my 1988 Grumman Olson Short wheel base, low roof, Single wheel P30 stepvan I call the Adventure Box aka Project Grummins. Front end is a little high due to not having any Powertrain in it still. It is sitting on 37x13.50's off my daily driver, van looks tall but it is still shorter than a stock 4x4 high roof Mercedes Sprinter

53073371383_fb0436fd53_z.jpg

53072862916_6bc867b87e_z.jpg

No your eyes do not deceive you, that is a Kingpin Dana 60 in the front of it.

53073371388_82dc48024e_z.jpg

Still need to get some parts together to install these. 12valve Cummins a 6speed Allison 1000 and not pictured a NP205

53072312642_2d81a05c5f_z.jpg

Last edited:

Choff

Adventurer
Just got the pop-top back from GTRV. I love that it fits in standard garages. I leave the kitchen setup in there all the time, but if I need to take more than 5 passengers, it only takes a few minutes to swap back in the middle bucket seats. With AWD, all terrain tires, and a 2-inch lift, it handles service roads just fine.
Is the Van a Toyota AWD?, AND Do sleep up top?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior