Pics of your VAN! Post up!

mothgils

Thanks. Paint cost $3k. Most of the quotes were $8-10k. I decided to take a chance on the guy who I've used for many years to do auto body repairs. He does a good job, but I wouldn't use him to paint my Porsche (if I had one). The $10k quote was from a guy who does show cars and as much as I love my van, it's now a show van. I also couldn't justify paying more for paint than the van cost me. One guy wouldn't even touch it because it's so large. Overall, I was very happy with the results and it was worth $3k. If this guy didn't give me such a good deal, I would have treated the rust, used a rattle can and left her white. Wrapping sounds like a great option at that price.

What wheels and size tires are those? Good stance and great choice on the color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooseberry

Explorer
ae1a9b236c4b36851d59bdfd1cb24e2a.jpg

Nothing to say

Smoker

Observer
What wheels and size tires are those? Good stance and great choice on the color!

Thanks. They are 245/75 on 16's. The color is Toyota Cement Grey. It's grey or blue depending on lighting. I was tempted to go with a matte black, but decided to keep it a lighter color. I like the color combo with black wheels, grill and bumpers.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
033.jpg
045.jpg
Ive had this "extra" 98 cargo van hanging around for over a year, sun rotted dark green paint but runs and drives like new, power everything, cold AC, has been a great parts runner etc. My wife hated it, said it looked like a ped van with the rotted paint and stuff. Factory green paint was $360 a gallon, military GCI semi gloss was $40 and super durable, mmm..... I used to build military jeeps and started thinking how vans are a lot like old jeeps, sort of a blank canvas that can be made into what ever floats your boat. I like tough, no nonsense, utilitarian, military type stuff. I powder coated the wheels, bumped up to a 235/85/16 tire and new tint. Next is a 2 inch lift, winch, bumper, shovel/ax, gas can cans, roof rack etc. I have a camo Tepui RTT, rifle racks, fly rod racks, bed platform, its time for an outdoor man van, lots of camo, awning etc, a van that belongs and blends into the woods, hunt, fish, camp! To be continued...038.jpg042.jpg

Last edited:

WVI

Adventurer
SMOKER,
What's WSI paint?
I've thought the other day of doing mine in the opposite colors as yours! Tan with OD accents.
Where do you get your paint? I stumbled across a site last week that has old WWII paints.

Smoker

Observer
SMOKER,
What's WSI paint?
I've thought the other day of doing mine in the opposite colors as yours! Tan with OD accents.
Where do you get your paint? I stumbled across a site last week that has old WWII paints.

Bozwell13, I think this message was meant for you. By the way, the color combo of your van is awesome

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles