Pics of your VAN! Post up!

marret

On a recent trip to WV. In about 3 weeks I'll be getting a lift and bumpers from Weldtec Designs.
vanwv3.jpg

vanwv4.jpg

vanwv5.jpg

devo 1

Adventurer
Dreaming of spring camping. Old pic, I haven't seen my baby in two months. I have cancer, I might be back in August or so. Post up some pics and enjoy your vans for me, friends.

Last edited:

Smoker

Observer
IMG_1125.jpgIMG_1124 (1).jpgIMG_1123.jpg

Here's my blue whale, a new to me '03 7.3 EB cargo. Just came back from paint because my family said I couldn't drive around the neighborhood in a creepy white van. It also had some surface rust and one side was severely dinged and looked like a giant golf ball (it was as if the van was laying on it's side and was pelted by hail). I had considered a front clip swap while getting the paint done because I had a line on all the parts. But I decided I prefer the original front end. First thing I did after paint was have a set of Vantage Optics lights installed. It's going to be a slow simple build. I think I'll keep her 2WD for a while.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
View attachment 447756View attachment 447757View attachment 447758

Here's my blue whale, a new to me '03 7.3 EB cargo. Just came back from paint because my family said I couldn't drive around the neighborhood in a creepy white van. It also had some surface rust and one side was severely dinged and looked like a giant golf ball (it was as if the van was laying on it's side and was pelted by hail). I had considered a front clip swap while getting the paint done because I had a line on all the parts. But I decided I prefer the original front end. First thing I did after paint was have a set of Vantage Optics lights installed. It's going to be a slow simple build. I think I'll keep her 2WD for a while.
Nice!! What was the ballpark cost of paint? On gonna wrap my white van and estimate is about $6-800

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WVI

Smoker

Observer
Thanks. Paint cost $3k. Most of the quotes were $8-10k. I decided to take a chance on the guy who I've used for many years to do auto body repairs. He does a good job, but I wouldn't use him to paint my Porsche (if I had one). The $10k quote was from a guy who does show cars and as much as I love my van, it's now a show van. I also couldn't justify paying more for paint than the van cost me. One guy wouldn't even touch it because it's so large. Overall, I was very happy with the results and it was worth $3k. If this guy didn't give me such a good deal, I would have treated the rust, used a rattle can and left her white. Wrapping sounds like a great option at that price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke