Pics of your VAN! Post up!

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Nope, not without tearing things up. You see, a hi-lift jack is a cheap way to add bling to an overlanding rig. It's a 'flag' for an overlander that can be seen mounted to a rack or bumper (or roof) from a distance signifying that you're in 'the club'. No one actually uses them. I take that back, maybe 10% of offroaders do. The rest aren't about to tear up their expensive bumpers or sliders with a hi-lift. Too many better options. A winch, a bottle jack, friends to help, etc. etc.

Don't think I'm bashing hi-lift jacks! I proudly bought one and displayed it on my last van......and it sat and sat.....and then began to rust. I sold it with the van because I knew I'd never actually use it for anything unless there was no better option. The several times I needed a jack I found a better option.

I guess I'm doing it wrong.
I keep my high lift inside of the van or pickup bed where no one can see it. Yet I use it for lifting something every other month. Tractor, skid steer, shipping container, stuck plow truck ect ect ect

On the vehicles I generally shove the jack right into the receiver hitch and Jack up the whole rear end not touching the bumper at all.
I did add a front receiver to my van and could theoretically jack up the front that way but haven't had to yet.

If it were me and I was putting fancy offroady bumpers on my van I'd make sure the bumpers had pockets for high lift use

86scotty

Cynic
I keep my high lift inside of the van or pickup bed where no one can see it. Yet I use it for lifting something every other month. Tractor, skid steer, shipping container, stuck plow truck ect ect ect

On the vehicles I generally shove the jack right into the receiver hitch and Jack up the whole rear end not touching the bumper at all.
I did add a front receiver to my van and could theoretically jack up the front that way but haven't had to yet.

If it were me and I was putting fancy offroady bumpers on my van I'd make sure the bumpers had pockets for high lift use

Receiver hitch, that's clever! Never thought of it. You are correct, if the bumpers have pockets for high lift that's different. I hope my answer was understood though. 90% of people just buy them to look overlandy and never use them.

@Osprey. They are cheap insurance. If you think you might use one then add it to the list. On E-series round bumpers though it's not gonna do you much good I don't think.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...

I've lifted vehicles from the rear hitch with a hi lift as well but it's generally not a smart idea, as you have no lateral stability unless it's secured another way.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
This weekends campout

Mohican forest central Ohio

Little snow...some back roads..and a burn out..
6afe4490b2d6c9aacb6c978cfa9daec0.jpg
c915984a96016097979edee3e05c2210.jpg
f22867f9d9c8739730607d43466f82e8.jpg
f7b3c4ec3a983433af778c978bebed83.jpg
c6549aca8349c0c5ca872e61ffa2ebc2.jpg
48a52e12d3a7bc4f993fc307e2dabc64.jpg
adb97f1f67faca7f4e33a7a75d9aa242.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Michal740

As it currently stands. Added ARB 2500 awning and made my own DIY brackets for it. I also got 4 wall room set for the awning that definitely adds lot more usable covered space while camping.
van.jpg

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Thats what I get for leaving my van parked at a salvage yard....

So a few weeks ago I bought a 2005 AWD express van with a turtle top, double double doors etc that was lightly wrecked but very repairable, it ran and drove excellent. I had it delivered to my partners salvage yard and parked it in a place where I thought it was safe while I gathered all the parts I would need to replace the front clip and rear left door etc. I stopped by yesterday to look at something and this is what I found, sigh..... The yard guys assumed it was inventory and stripped the entire drivetrain out of it, they also ruined the perfect front seats when they removed the dog house and threw all the front end parts into the cab. I'm so bummed.....

a5762df8-e450-4798-8ac4-d521817a088f.jpg10401.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior