Pics of your VAN! Post up!

kccourtney

Observer
Long time lurker here and figured I'd share my progress. 2010 Extended Express 6.0 gas, 2wd, with Weldtec's 5" lift. Just recently sprayed the exterior with silver Raptor Liner as well. I'd previously built the interior full amenities but am currently in the middle of a full remodel as I plan to live in it full time.
View attachment 418243

Pretty sweet Duke. Let's see some more.

bbbthreat

What size wheel and tire did you go with? Looks like you used Silverado wheels. Any side shots of your rig? Good job on it so far.

Jo_Duval

Observer
Long time lurker here and figured I'd share my progress. 2010 Extended Express 6.0 gas, 2wd, with Weldtec's 5" lift. Just recently sprayed the exterior with silver Raptor Liner as well. I'd previously built the interior full amenities but am currently in the middle of a full remodel as I plan to live in it full time.
View attachment 418243

very nice van! im curious on tire size and how the raptor liner turned out, im planing on doing ours as well soon!... your van looks great!

Michal740

Time for some latest pictures of my van. Its bee really fun to keep building the van thus far. We took it to Colorado a lot this summer and camped out in some amazing places. Ophir pass was really fun to drive and seeing the faces of Jeep driver's looking at van was priceless. :)

Attachments

• 1351.jpg
    1351.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20170820_070710.jpg
    20170820_070710.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 109

BaseCamp

Observer
Time for some latest pictures of my van. Its bee really fun to keep building the van thus far. We took it to Colorado a lot this summer and camped out in some amazing places. Ophir pass was really fun to drive and seeing the faces of Jeep driver's looking at van was priceless. :)

You would have no problem on imogene with your van as well. Black bear would be sketchy, but i have seen diesel crew cab shortbeds take on black bear no problem, i have also seen a stock ford escape destroy black bear. I used to work for an offroad tour company and have seen some amazing feats on these passes. I have also seen people in totally decked out jeeps get stuck or too scared to continue on ophir and imogene. Its all about the driver, which is probably why you had no problem on ophir with a beast of a van!

buellconvert

A few photos from June, 2014 on a trip up Fortune Creek Trail in the Washington Cascades with Tom Lowell and his Astro. It's been almost three years since this trip. Tom and I went up Fortune Creek together at least four times I can recall. These photos were taken right before we tried to head home at the end of the weekend. My van would crank but not start and we ended up driving his van to the town of Cle Elum and we got a wrecker to follow us back up the trail to this camp spot. Then... my van started just fine. Since it was a two hour trip for the wrecker just to get there, it cost my a couple hundred dollars even without a tow. I was damn glad to be with a good friend on this trip. Tom has ALS and is in a wheelchair now. There are lots of posts about rigs and gear on Expo, but ALWAYS appreciate the friends you travel with. You never know where life will go next.

View attachment 400613View attachment 400614View attachment 400615View attachment 400612
Such a very true statement...thanks for sharing.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

wjeeper

View attachment 418243

Found a few pics of Duke's van through @WeldTecDesigns Instragram @DukeNewport has a few additional pics as well as a few of the interior. Also Duke has some awesome automotive photography on there as well!

WVI

Adventurer
Looks like a great area.
Hey, is there a chance you can post a close up pic of that tire rack and door, in the same position as this pic?

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
A few images of my trusty van from my most recent outing. . .08 GMC Savana Duramax

A few images of my trusty van from my most recent outing, in no particular order; just over five weeks wandering for my gear-gathering trip and just under 8,000 miles so far, with a couple more thousand to go.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.15.34.jpg
Late afternoon along the Ohio River, east of Louisville Kentucky.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.47.37.jpg
Late night pit-stop in Lexington Kentucky on my way to Overland Expo East 2017

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.16.08.jpg
Before sunrise at Overland Expo East the last morning, camped near the big overland rig Robinson Fuso, who's owners gave an excellent travelogue styled presentation on traveling the Canadian Arctic.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.18.31.jpg
Interior setup shot on the way to upstate NY to drop off one of the Pelican cases I sold. This is just one of the easy configurations I can set up for sleeping and storage and bike-hauling.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.18.07.jpg
Does this trailer make my *** look big? I'd just picked up the trailer from the great guys at Exploration Outfitters in Mead OK (great owner, great crew, great all-around business, straight-shooters all, very highly recommended) and did not have my awning or RTT or swing-arm tire carrier yet.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.17.57.jpg
Self-explanatory. This is my second GM van, had a '98 Express EB with a 6.5 Duramax and this one is an '08 Savana with a 6.6 Duramax. She has, I think, over 380,000 on her now. The engine is still going strong, or I wouldn't be adding a new pop-top camper and 4x4 conversion.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.17.47.jpg
Down in the borderlands, in front of Santa Elena Canyon, still no RTT or awning or tire carrier yet.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.17.38.jpg
Switched the interior layout to have the bed crossways near the side doors. I've had full-sized vans for years with all sorts of interiors, fully-cabineted with self-built cabts meant specifically for living in a van, straight bare and empty, and all sorts in between, and now prefer a more utilitarian and versatile interior. More in a post about what I can do with this style interior sometime.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.17.09.jpg
Self-explanatory. This is what happens when you've just spent a long time in the dry desert of the borderlands then run to North Carolina and try to work on your rig in wicked high humidity. I just wanted to get that **** in there and go cool off somewhere. I'd much rather do that kind of work in a higher temp and drier environment.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.16.46.jpg
Here she is a little more straightened up, once I got to Overland Expo East and had time to chill a bit and get re-organized. You can see a little light here from the side barn doors on the bed area. I actually have another 30" ahead of that white bulkhead on the left side to the seats and sometimes put the bed crossways in front of the bulkhead instead of behind like here. Then it is immediately behind the seats and allows a larger cargo area if I'm strapping pallets or anything else to the e-track I have in the floor (under the floor mat you see here).

More later...I'm at the limit of pics, says the uploader. I'll be getting the pop-top from Colorado Camper Van and am already in their schedule for Jan. After that's on, I'll be redoing parts of the interior and will do a full build thread on this ol' girl.

More general images at instagram.com/roaddude of the van in various configs with the trailer and awning open, etc.

Dry roads and open skies, guys and gals, see you out there somewhere, someday.

Road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles