Pics of your VAN! Post up!

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Some New Shoes for Moby

IMG_20170830_193554_294.jpgIMG_20170830_193540_327.jpgIMG_20170902_132808_560.jpgIMG_20170902_132826_777.jpg

I took some factory GM alloys, had them powder coated black, added some aftermarket center caps and am very pleased with the look. Factory wheels are way stronger and better built than so much of the aftermarket rims out there.

wjeeper

bozwell13

I didn't know they made center caps that are already black! I painted mine and they are not holding up all that well. I powder coated my factory steelies and I get comments on them all the time

Accrete

Explorer
Ive talked to a couple guys here in Durango.. they are really happy with the snow and ice ability of the FWD...

One of the reasons we went with the PM for our wet road conditions in our native PNW.

Hey...! i just put a set of KO2s on the PM this weekend like you have on your Moby : ) great tire, and considered a traction device here in Oregon...no-chaining up for us.

Thom

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
View attachment 417383View attachment 417386View attachment 417387View attachment 417388

I took some factory GM alloys, had them powder coated black, added some aftermarket center caps and am very pleased with the look. Factory wheels are way stronger and better built than so much of the aftermarket rims out there.

Looks great. What did it cost you to have your alloys powder coated? Was the coater in Durango or Farmington? I'm just curious, I can DIY powder coat but thinking it might be smarter and quicker to just hire it out, my oven barely fits a single wheel.

Accrete

Explorer
...What did it cost you to have your alloys powder coated?..
As an FYI...for any up in the PNW region (and i see that u r in NM so this will not apply.) Any Les Schwab tire center can send rims off to their PC shop in their weekly truck/run. We had a set done by them on another rig a couple years back and the price was $50ea wheel.

wjeeper

Les Schwabs does powder coating here in Utah, I think all stores do, but not all know about it. They have a dozen or so colors to pick from. Or. White and black were $25± other colors we much more when I had the rims on our farm truck done. Almost as cheap as spray painting.......Takes 2-3 weeks depending on when they catch a ride to Prineville.

Accrete

Explorer
got the paint protection wrap on hood, secure guard on cab windows, and white perforated vinyl on side and rear windows...

Thom

Attachments

• Accrete2017-09-13PM.jpg
    Accrete2017-09-13PM.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 90

86scotty

Cynic
Cool. I thought so. It is rather large. Factory cameras are so much better than aftermarket though. Every aftermarket one I've had has been trouble. Factory ones keep on keeping on, just like keyless entry.

86scotty

Cynic
Can you aim it? I also prefer a full time rear camera. I usually just aim mine down just enough to see my bumper and then I can see a pretty good ways back with it at the top. I have an Esky tiny camera from Amazon and have had a few of these in different rigs. They are tiny and cheap but have a nice clear view and a very wide angle.

Accrete

Explorer
Can you aim it? I also prefer a full time rear camera...
I'm not sure...it decided to rain today (imagine that? Oh yea, its Oregon) so i'm not sure. Though it comes in handy as a reverse cam. I'm going to look into putting up a second cam, will check out the one you mentioned.
Thom

DukeNewport

Long time lurker here and figured I'd share my progress. 2010 Extended Express 6.0 gas, 2wd, with Weldtec's 5" lift. Just recently sprayed the exterior with silver Raptor Liner as well. I'd previously built the interior full amenities but am currently in the middle of a full remodel as I plan to live in it full time.
9-11.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles