Pics of your VAN! Post up!

CSG

Explorer
We were out for a few days in Utah and Arizona. This spot is in the Kaibab NF on the outskirts of Grand Canyon (south rim). Love boondocking!

34919245485_3ae9194436_b.jpg

WVI

Adventurer
I like that big pull out drawer!
The air dame/deflector, on the top above the windshield, did you make that?

Goonie

Thanks WVI! The sliders for the drawer were one of the pricier additions to the van but very much worth it. That deflector is homemade with some left over aluminum sheet metal, it was tricky to have the top side flat to the solar panel but the bottom side flush with the slight dome shape on the roof. I had to add a slight arc to the front to get a good fit.

WVI

Adventurer
I've been contemplating a similar deflector for the front of my roof racks.. It will be at more of an angle. That looks good!

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
My Recent Van Find

IMG_20170525_175337_725.jpg
Scored out of AZ, 1996 old body style G30 1 ton turtle top with 20K original miles. Literally runs and drives like new, would make an awesome old school camper conversion.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Another Turtle Top Find

IMG_20170525_110436_854.jpg
1998 G30 turtle top with 88K miles, I like this rig, am building this one after I remove the "killer" wheelchair lift. I opened the side door for the first time, the wheel chair lift dropped out and I was barely able to stop it from crushing the roof of the car behind me. Ever try to hold up a 300 lb wheel chair lift and close the side door at the same time? I'm sure it was funny to those watching and its funny to me now, but not so much at the time, lol...

CSG

Explorer
Don't you have one too? My biggest beef with the rig is no way to properly add a Fantastic fan. I've got their portable version but it's not at all the same thing. I recall seeing one guy who cut through the roof anyway and also had done a 4x4 conversion but I don't have the guts for the former or skill for the latter.

Hubcap

I've lurked on here for a quite a while and finally took on a project. Here's a rare 1995 Chevy Roadtrek 210 Popular that I've been working on for about a year. The guys at Boulder Offroad did a great job on the 4x4 conversion. Mechanically, it's like a new vehicle....new/rebuilt Chevy 350 engine, rebuilt/beefed-up transmission, Dana 60 front end and all the other stuff that Boulder put on. The outside has a new paint job with spray-on bed liner, all new lights, XD wheels wrapped with 35" BFG KO2s and a new custom rear bumper with tire carrier. Underneath has new water and gray tanks also.
Inside it has all new upholstery, paint, black-out curtains, window tint, hot water heater, TV, rear view camera, bed-liner floor, Fantastic Fan, toilet, shower head and LED lights. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It definitely gets a lot of attention.

IMG_0001-640x4807.jpg

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members