Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Railvan

Adventurer
A few photos from June, 2014 on a trip up Fortune Creek Trail in the Washington Cascades with Tom Lowell and his Astro. It's been almost three years since this trip. Tom and I went up Fortune Creek together at least four times I can recall. These photos were taken right before we tried to head home at the end of the weekend. My van would crank but not start and we ended up driving his van to the town of Cle Elum and we got a wrecker to follow us back up the trail to this camp spot. Then... my van started just fine. Since it was a two hour trip for the wrecker just to get there, it cost my a couple hundred dollars even without a tow. I was damn glad to be with a good friend on this trip. Tom has ALS and is in a wheelchair now. There are lots of posts about rigs and gear on Expo, but ALWAYS appreciate the friends you travel with. You never know where life will go next.

Tlow2.jpgtlow3.jpgtlow4.jpgTlow1.jpg

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Tom has ALS and is in a wheelchair now.

Man that's terrible to hear. I don't know Tom, but I too have an Astro and when I started out exploring the forums, TLow's thread was the first one I sank my teeth into. It made me feel like I knew him. So sorry to hear about his condition.

coolfeet

Mark Keeler
I found a beauty for $2300 4 years ago. 225k miles. It was a bare bones extended 1995 E350 7.3. Diamond plated floor. New transmission. I passed on it because I really did not know anything about vans. The guy selling it was moving out of state as he sold his flooring business. No regrets. 3 years later someone gave us a 2004 6.0 for free.

speedmotoco

01 2wd express van! MotoVan/mtb machine/ camper. 4.3 1500 with overload springs- roof rack- bike rack - cargo carrier . Currently heading to Utah motor sports campus and it is packed with 2 zx6r's and all the crap you need to race.
Vans are the best . I look at other vehicles but always come back to these. 15-18 mpg. Bought for 3G . Bfg tires. Cold air .:ylsmoke:IMG_0732[1].jpgIMG_0730[1].jpgIMG_0732[1].jpgIMG_0730[1].jpg

Last edited:

Railvan

Adventurer
Man that's terrible to hear. I don't know Tom, but I too have an Astro and when I started out exploring the forums, TLow's thread was the first one I sank my teeth into. It made me feel like I knew him. So sorry to hear about his condition.

Thanks for the note. We did many trips together so I have many great memories of traveling with him. He was an early Astro 4x4 fan and inspired a lot of similar projects. I called him the Pope of a new religion when other people started following his lead. :^)

ohpyramids

Adventurer
3bf192b7440f90483493af5517f19453.jpg

Butt shot on the highway home from Overland West.

91da233e926e7a07ea8e1f6bc95febdd.jpg

My 6" ujoint kit dwarfs a new transit connect, but the new Unimog even makes my rig look small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online