Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Jim Oaks

Observer
I'm a long time viewer of Expedition Portal. I'm now feeling compelled to share my van. A 2004 Astro with a 4in lift and a freshly installed pop-top off a mid-nineties Aerostar Chinook. I plan to post a formal build thread here eventually once I find some free time. But for now, here's my van after I installed the pop-top.

View attachment 363087

Great looking van! I'd love to see a build thread on this as well.

Accrete

Explorer
Ditto on the nice Astro van JD...and on seeing any future build thread.

I would totally dig having an Astro...I guess it would be sort of a mini-me next to our Express : )
Thom

Accrete

Explorer
Wanna trade? :)
;) tempting

Don't know if you've followed what i'm now calling the seven year itch syndrome van research? (_link for curious minds_ and then several reply's by others follow.)

Short version; the rig, which we enjoy, is almost six years old, and with just a couple of desired mods left to do (we're upgrading the suspension next winter), we have the itch to build a van version 2.

: ) Thom

jdreier

Observer
I've come across your build a couple times, especially when I was looking for fiberglass hightop builds. I wish I would have gone the awd express route three years ago when I bought my Astro, but I'm so far involved in my rig right now.

Accrete

Explorer
...I wish I would have gone the awd express route three years ago when I bought my Astro, but I'm so far involved in my rig right now.
Your rig rocks jd, there's always a future build.
My only words of wisdom would be try to do what you can to keep that Astro in the family (i'm assuming it is AWD? I see what looks like the center dif housing under there?). The Astro makes a great adventure rig and daily driver. I see several on the Oregon Coast in the AWD trim.

: ) Thom

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Nice suburban. My family has a 9th gen 2000 model like that one. It just refuses to die. Body crumbling from rust, 250k miles, multiple fender benders. Just keeps on rolling.

A bit short inside for camper duty though. Now a sprinter, that will solve the headroom problems for sure. :Wow1:

Abitibi

Explorer
Lost in BC...

bc464ca3708b1c7857c3649eec4c4e32.jpg

5b1e28ab398a5ab54ba1b572e8f09856.jpg

Cheers
David

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bamps

2015 Nissan NV2500 HD S standard roof

Attachments