Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Vobile

Observer
Made a new bumper over the Holidays. Stock bumper looked nice, but design of these E series leaves NO place for tow strap or other recovery point in the front. This always tempts well meaning rescuers to attach to the steering linkage (Nooooo......). Also the stock bumper had the structural strength of a beer can . . .I.e. Zero. So out came the torch, my little Lincon Tombstone, an old piece, of C-Purlin, about 50 grinding wheels, 2 cans of rustoleum, blood, sweat, tears, and voila! One functional, if slightly redneck, bumper. BTW, I now understand why those custom made bumpers are so expensive !

Nice.

86scotty

Cynic
10389660_10100770579869273_9206257289396701727_n.jpg

Petrolburner, is that a wheelchair lift you're using as a moto ramp somehow? Just guessing and would love to know more and see pics. Also, I think most would love to see your 'or' setup (Z51 towing an A-liner).

philos

Explorer
I don't know if he's using it, or that it's all there...but I can say with some certainty that there's at least part of a ramp there. My dad used to own a tool & die mfg shop in Pacoima years ago; he used to make a bunch of the parts for Ricon.

TheRedDawn

Observer
Here's 2 pics of my '91 E250 with Coachmen package. Picked it up in the Modesto area last year, 44k miles. No rust, still had plastic covering the carpet. Some sun damage but overall awesome shape. Changed the tires, added a sway bar and a few odds and ends and have been taking this thing on a few trips around Ca and Nevada. Driving over 60 pre sway bar was a nightmare. Now we cruise at 60 in comfort. photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

ps. we were not parking in this spot. just did a quick stop at a friends shop and needed to get a picture in front.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94