Pics of your VAN! Post up!

eblau

Adventurer
pulled my running boards off and added a class 4 hitch today, shortened my gray water drain and valve handle .... also started painting my super faded bumpers and grille, what a difference!

Reactions: WVI

another_mike

Adventurer
Surfandturf, what kind of stove is that in the pic of the coffee cups?

Abitibi

Explorer
Spring break means our annual roadtrip down to California. 2 weeks between friends and family, 3 vans convoy, 6 adults, 2 kids and good time!

We left late at night just to avoid border wait and quickly found a rest area where we celebrated our trip start with a few "La Fin du Monde" (the morning after...)

Most of the trip consisted of short driving days (3hrs) so we could enjoy visiting the surroundings. We took the Oregon/Cali coast, hwy 101 and 1 driving south down to San Francisco and came across some amazing sites. We made good use of the app iOverland, came very handy! We only used campsites when those with longer hair needed a better shower than the ones we have in our vans so most nights were spent in very cool remote areas.

Recognize this neat bridge? Can you tell how high it gets above the watere?

I love this picture of the sunset right through my newly installed windows which worked out great! (I'll update my build thread with some details for those interested...)

We got lucky with this camp spot by this lighthouse. Free, gorgeous, amazing weather and some nice relax trails to explore the area.

Who doesn't love big trees?!?

More pics to follow but all in all, a very fun trip which we hope to keep going every year!507986

Abitibi

Explorer
Last year we took 3 weeks to explore the desert east of San Diego. Made for too much driving so this year we cut it short in San Francisco. It was hard to believe we manage to camp right downtown, on the beach for an entire 3 day weekend without getting kicked out. Couldn't find a better place to get a quick urban experience! Took the kids to Alcatraz, at time I wonder if I should have left them there, lol.

Had a quick stop to meet friends in Sacramento then hit the road again, this time on the I-5 mixed with parallels hwy when we could no longer digest the big I-5.

If you wonder what's in my trailer you might be able to tell in the picture with my sun cooking me breakfast... it's around twenty or so cubies of 5 gallons of canola oil both myself and the big green bus use as fuel. Pulling those trailers can be a pain at time but when you drive for free and recycle at the same time it's hard to argue.

On the way back I made a quick stop in Medford to pick up over $3000 worth of goodies from Riffraff Diesel... Time to freshen up this engine! Surprisingly, after close to 200,000 miles my injectors still perform very nice. But since I never got the maintenance record for the ambulance I have no idea if they've even been serviced. Comes summer time I'll pull the engine out, replace all injectors, rebuild and improve the turbo, new up pipes, delete the fuel bowl, fuel line at each end of the heads, oil line cross-over, new valve cover gasket and a few other small mods. I've been collecting parts for a few years now, buying them when on sale or mostly sold brand new by people who no longer needed them. It's nice not to be in a rush, saves a lot of money!

We finished our trip in luxury. 2 nights of camping at the Shampoeg State park in Oregon. Very nice campground where we met some very cool people and got to discover more about Oregon with the museum and visitor center by the entrance of the park. Well worth it!

Cheers,
David508000508001508002508003508004508005508007508008508009508010

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Abitibi,

Looks like a fun time! I like your rig!

I'm very interested in the bus. Would it be possible to put me in contact with the owner? I'm wanting to go that route and have some questions.

Thanks, Nick

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles