Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Raul

Adventurer
Hi all,

The van is a 2002 Ford E250EXT Turtle Top conversion van. 78k miles. Zero rust! What attracted me to it was how little I would need to do initially to begin using/enjoying it. I'm not afraid of projects but this has been so well maintained that there's very little that "needs" doing; what I'm planning is mostly around retrofitting for sleeping/gear storage. I will be doing this with a bed/drawer unit that I'm going to start fabricating this weekend. It won't be NEARLY as in-depth or interesting as the more involved builds here, but I'll post pics and whatever I learn as I get into the project.

Starting with a van like this is CHEATING :mad:

That thing is nice and will make a great starting point.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Freewayross - The RSC?

The newer (2014+?) sterling 10.5 rear axles out if the f250/f350 have outboard wheel sensors already so its not an issue. Basically plug and play, just need to remove the spring/shock mounts and weld new ones on.

freewayross

Adventurer
Freewayross - The RSC?

The newer (2014+?) sterling 10.5 rear axles out if the f250/f350 have outboard wheel sensors already so its not an issue. Basically plug and play, just need to remove the spring/shock mounts and weld new ones on.

Yup, Typo..... I meant RSC......... that's interesting, I was told 2011+ were not plug and play.... guess they changed it again in 2014.

Hi all,
I'm new here, so a little background. I'm 48, a long time bike rider; have fabricated bike frames, and still build custom bike wheels as a hobby business. Have done a fair amount of motorcycle touring (BMW 1150GS) throughout the east coast of the US and Canada. My main career is in marketing. I had a health scare earlier this spring that has me refocusing a bit on working a little less, and doing a lot more exploring/LIVING! My wife and I rented a campervan from Escape Campervans a couple of months ago and did a big loop in the Southwest; that set the hook, and I've been keeping an eye out for a van/conversion candidate since. Fast forward to a week ago, and I found a van on Craigslist in Wisconsin (I'm in Vermont) that looked like a time capsule. Within hours, someone had posted it on the "Found" thread here. I spoke with the owner, who couldn't have been nicer, more transparent or helpful. The story behind the van's history checked out 100%; ironically, it had spent the first ~3 years of its life in VT about 20 minutes from me before going to its most recent owner in Wisconsin. I got on a plane last Thursday, picked the van up on Friday morning, and by Saturday night it was home in my driveway, after completing the 1000mi drive like a champ.

The van is a 2002 Ford E250EXT Turtle Top conversion van. 78k miles. Zero rust! What attracted me to it was how little I would need to do initially to begin using/enjoying it. I'm not afraid of projects but this has been so well maintained that there's very little that "needs" doing; what I'm planning is mostly around retrofitting for sleeping/gear storage. I will be doing this with a bed/drawer unit that I'm going to start fabricating this weekend. It won't be NEARLY as in-depth or interesting as the more involved builds here, but I'll post pics and whatever I learn as I get into the project.

If anyone else has experience with Turtle Tops I'd be happy to hear any advice/things to look out for/etc. The brand is well-regarded, and the company has been super helpful about sending the info they have on my van (wiring schematics, basic specs, etc.) but more info is always helpful. I have all the basic Ford E250 info so I'm good on that front.

Anyway, here are some "Before" pics showing the van in its current state, with more to come as I get into it:

Nice looking Van good to see another VT van

Choff

Adventurer
Hi all,
I'm new here, so a little background. I'm 48, a long time bike rider; have fabricated bike frames, and still build custom bike wheels as a hobby business. Have done a fair amount of motorcycle touring (BMW 1150GS) throughout the east coast of the US and Canada. My main career is in marketing. I had a health scare earlier this spring that has me refocusing a bit on working a little less, and doing a lot more exploring/LIVING! My wife and I rented a campervan from Escape Campervans a couple of months ago and did a big loop in the Southwest; that set the hook, and I've been keeping an eye out for a van/conversion candidate since. Fast forward to a week ago, and I found a van on Craigslist in Wisconsin (I'm in Vermont) that looked like a time capsule. Within hours, someone had posted it on the "Found" thread here. I spoke with the owner, who couldn't have been nicer, more transparent or helpful. The story behind the van's history checked out 100%; ironically, it had spent the first ~3 years of its life in VT about 20 minutes from me before going to its most recent owner in Wisconsin. I got on a plane last Thursday, picked the van up on Friday morning, and by Saturday night it was home in my driveway, after completing the 1000mi drive like a champ.

THAT WAS ME THAT POSTED IT !!!! Cool you found a nice one
Enjoy
Chris

Lole

Spent the weekend in VT exploring some class 4 roads!
View attachment 451760
View attachment 451761

Hi love the bus
Do you have more pictures just wondering how big is and what you have ton the front coils or leafs
Here is my bus
fd82fa5806e383a5d73eb081549491c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Building a new house for my kids is taking a toll on my savings account so I'm putting my other Duramax Passenger van on ebay. Is a 2009, Express 3500, 14 passenger, Oster mods rear seating, reading lights, vents, 11K orig miles, 6.6L Duramax diesel, is super rare, if you know anyone wanting one of these, here's a chance to own a unicorn. 227.JPG

Gummee

wannabe traveler
Hi all,

If anyone else has experience with Turtle Tops I'd be happy to hear any advice/things to look out for/etc. The brand is well-regarded, and the company has been super helpful about sending the info they have on my van (wiring schematics, basic specs, etc.) but more info is always helpful. I have all the basic Ford E250 info so I'm good on that front.

Anyway, here are some "Before" pics showing the van in its current state, with more to come as I get into it:
That's exactly the van I've been looking for for a while now.

I keep waffling between one of the older vans and a Transit....

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles