Pics of your VAN! Post up!

IMG_1125.jpg IMG_1124 (1).jpg IMG_1123.jpg

Here's my blue whale, a new to me '03 7.3 EB cargo. Just came back from paint because my family said I couldn't drive around the neighborhood in a creepy white van. It also had some surface rust and one side was severely dinged and looked like a giant golf ball (it was as if the van was laying on it's side and was pelted by hail). I had considered a front clip swap while getting the paint done because I had a line on all the parts. But I decided I prefer the original front end. First thing I did after paint was have a set of Vantage Optics lights installed. It's going to be a slow simple build. I think I'll keep her 2WD for a while.

View attachment 447756 View attachment 447757 View attachment 447758

Here's my blue whale, a new to me '03 7.3 EB cargo. Just came back from paint because my family said I couldn't drive around the neighborhood in a creepy white van. It also had some surface rust and one side was severely dinged and looked like a giant golf ball (it was as if the van was laying on it's side and was pelted by hail). I had considered a front clip swap while getting the paint done because I had a line on all the parts. But I decided I prefer the original front end. First thing I did after paint was have a set of Vantage Optics lights installed. It's going to be a slow simple build. I think I'll keep her 2WD for a while.
Nice!! What was the ballpark cost of paint? On gonna wrap my white van and estimate is about $6-800

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Paint cost $3k. Most of the quotes were $8-10k. I decided to take a chance on the guy who I've used for many years to do auto body repairs. He does a good job, but I wouldn't use him to paint my Porsche (if I had one). The $10k quote was from a guy who does show cars and as much as I love my van, it's now a show van. I also couldn't justify paying more for paint than the van cost me. One guy wouldn't even touch it because it's so large. Overall, I was very happy with the results and it was worth $3k. If this guy didn't give me such a good deal, I would have treated the rust, used a rattle can and left her white. Wrapping sounds like a great option at that price.

Thanks. Paint cost $3k. Most of the quotes were $8-10k. I decided to take a chance on the guy who I've used for many years to do auto body repairs. He does a good job, but I wouldn't use him to paint my Porsche (if I had one). The $10k quote was from a guy who does show cars and as much as I love my van, it's now a show van. I also couldn't justify paying more for paint than the van cost me. One guy wouldn't even touch it because it's so large. Overall, I was very happy with the results and it was worth $3k. If this guy didn't give me such a good deal, I would have treated the rust, used a rattle can and left her white. Wrapping sounds like a great option at that price.
What wheels and size tires are those? Good stance and great choice on the color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What wheels and size tires are those? Good stance and great choice on the color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. They are 245/75 on 16's. The color is Toyota Cement Grey. It's grey or blue depending on lighting. I was tempted to go with a matte black, but decided to keep it a lighter color. I like the color combo with black wheels, grill and bumpers.

033.jpg
045.jpg
Ive had this "extra" 98 cargo van hanging around for over a year, sun rotted dark green paint but runs and drives like new, power everything, cold AC, has been a great parts runner etc. My wife hated it, said it looked like a ped van with the rotted paint and stuff. Factory green paint was $360 a gallon, military GCI semi gloss was $40 and super durable, mmm..... I used to build military jeeps and started thinking how vans are a lot like old jeeps, sort of a blank canvas that can be made into what ever floats your boat. I like tough, no nonsense, utilitarian, military type stuff. I powder coated the wheels, bumped up to a 235/85/16 tire and new tint. Next is a 2 inch lift, winch, bumper, shovel/ax, gas can cans, roof rack etc. I have a camo Tepui RTT, rifle racks, fly rod racks, bed platform, its time for an outdoor man van, lots of camo, awning etc, a van that belongs and blends into the woods, hunt, fish, camp! To be continued... 038.jpg 042.jpg

Last edited: