Pics of your Ambulance. Post Up!

patoz

Expedition Leader
I believe you're right because I don't see any stretcher mounts on the floor or left side.

It doesn't have as much outside compartment storage on the right side either, but the good thing is you have a large clean open space on the inside to build out as you want it.

Until you get a build thread going (you are going to have a build thread with lot's of pictures, right?), a good place to ask questions or just run into other ambulance/camper owners is here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/135844-Ambulance-Camper-Expedition-Rig-Conversion-FAQ

Welcome to the 'Ambo/Camper Owners Club', and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Pangle

Wanderer
Thanks this is actually my second ambo. I had a 2002 E350 4x4 Quigley I did make a few posts about it on here, the longest was the "NO Plan is the Plan" thread of me traveling around with no particular place to go out west. I also did a 2004 Diesel Excursion that was a fire truck "Chiefs Unit" that I did some work to. I am looking forward to getting started on this one, I love how much space there is inside which is a blank slate like you said.

I am familiar with the link you posted, it is an incredible amount of information and very valuable to us ambo guys! I have read through many times and each time I learn something new.

I may do a build thread once I figure out which direction I want to go... We shall see... I am not sure if I want to just go the, reliability and functionality route or if I want to go a little more extreme..

patoz

Expedition Leader
Pangle, that's the nice thing about converting a Type I or III ambulance. Considering it durability and weight load limit, you can go as big or as small as you want. Good luck with it either way!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I'd forgotten about this thread...

A quick summary of where it began and where it is.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Stretcher Hangers for a third stretcher.
image.jpg
"Kick" space heater re-purposed.
image.jpg
In the Shop when getting the wrap.
RIMG0042.jpg
RIMG0040.jpg
It has settled about an inch at the rear wheels since the last exterior pics were taken... much happier with the rear height now.
image.jpg
Freshened up wheels.
IMG_5947.jpg
New Recycling and Garbage cans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
It's been a long journey but I'm quite pleased how she turned out!

a1e80b8d039f00a0898bb87b84970e56.jpg

ce72a63ca3b16a00fe1b85c0ba855a55.jpg

a58f851ce954f3a755e58a7237092de2.jpg

e1d62b6c17be27fb8511b15ddf0e9b3c.jpg

c85af4a5a547575e6d948fad11c37327.jpg

7804b31522fd2ab3f30d46bc4e53ac3c.jpg

f6216d0cc4446adc84f6771d9b2a1a02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Similar to the Minimod in size. Minis have SRW, and his came with DRW that stuck out about 4" on each side. It's box is 88" x 148". It's a Crestline 'New Era' originally sold to the BC Ambulance service. His is a 2001 and I've got a 1997.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
The white does look good... that's the way they sell em. It's kinda too bad that the paint is shot with very little prep though. Don't know about his, but mine had lot of overspray and some has pealed also.

Abitibi

Explorer
The white does look good... that's the way they sell em. It's kinda too bad that the paint is shot with very little prep though. Don't know about his, but mine had lot of overspray and some has pealed also.
Thanks Husky. Let's just say I wouldn't hire that painter... And although smaller than most units in the States I don't think it qualifies as a minimod either? Mine is 6'6" wall to wall inside, 5'6" height and about 8-12" longer than a regular EB van. How does it compare to the mini?

Cheers
David

"Another great day ruined by responsibilities"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior